Monday, August 6, 2012

Dear Mom.....

Tonight was one of those nights.
The kind where you doubt everything you've ever done as a mother.
The kind where you wonder what the hell you're doing.
The kind where you wish you could call your own mom and cry about it because it's something only another mother, YOUR mother, would truly understand. 
All those years I rolled my eyes and told you to butt out because I could figure it out on my own.  Now I'd give anything to be able to call you and tell you about these kind of nights so you could put your 2 cents in even when it isn't what I wanted to hear.
So you could tell me that being a mom is tough stuff, but we all make it through.
That nights like these aren't the ones you remember in 20 years.
That at the end of the day, no matter how you feel, you're still a good mom.
There's so much I could have learned from you.
Cause when it comes to moms, you were the best.
I only wish we had had more time to be moms together.


Missing you always.
Love,
Em