Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bump Day ~ 14 weeks

(Originally written 6.8.14)

How far along? 14 weeks, and no official picture, so crappy bathroom pic will have to do.  I also apparently skipped 13 weeks all together.  Oops.  Second child syndrome.

Weight gain/loss: Up a pound since my last appt for a grand total just shy of 5 lbs.  I suppose that's not too shabby for 1st tri.  Heck if I can keep that up I'll only gain 15 lbs total.  I'll pause while we all laugh at that wishful thinking.

Maternity Clothes?  Just the one pair of pants still, which honestly is only because my ones from last summer don't fit and I figured I might as well just go maternity now then buy a pair in a bigger size.  We all know the elastic waist pants are inevitable at some point anyways.

Sleep: So exhausted.  I make it all day just fine, but by the time I get home from work I could go straight to bed.  Obviously that's not an option, so I usually push through until Jamie goes to bed then promptly pass out on the couch.

Stretch marks: Nothing new.  I haven't even bothered with the lotion this time, I know if they're going to happen, they're going to happen.

Best moment this week: Seeing the babe on ultrasound again!  Little stinker was still hiding from the doppler so my OB sent me down the hall for a little TV action.  Baby was so active today, jumping around like crazy, had his/her arm up by it's face again just like last time, the tech says we may have a shy one on our hands!  HB has slowed down some, but still a strong 155!

Movement: Nope.  Radio silence.  Fingers crossed I feel something soon.  Starting to lose some symptoms and no real bump yet, so some verification there's a baby in there will be nice to calm my nerves.

Food cravings: Chick-Fil-A.  I told Adam the other day if I could make sweet love to their grilled chicken sandwich, I would.

Gender: Some days I think girl, some days I think boy.  Seriously, I could go either way.  My OB didn't mention the BIG scan at my next appt, I sure hope I don't have to wait until August to find out!!

Labor Signs: Negative.  And let's keep it that way.

Belly Button in or out? In like flynn.

What I Miss:  Motivation.  I'm so tired all the time the house is looking a wee bit shabby these days.  And by that I mean it's a hot mess, surely you noticed the mirror in the photo up there.  Yikes.   When does that whole nesting thing kick in??

What I'm looking forward to:  Being able to go bra free without feeling like I have to walk around and hold the girls up.  That will happen again right??  I do NOT remember the sore tatas lasting so long.

Weekly Wisdom:  When you think you're starting to maybe get an actual baby bump and are convinced you can now actually feel the top of your uterus popping up, don't be too disappointed when your doctor informs you it's actually still very much tucked away and flaunt that baby bloat anyways!

Milestones: 2nd Tri baby!  1/3 down!  Also took the plunge and went Facebook public, no turning back now!!

Big Brother: Jamie came with me to my appt this week, I thought he'd get a kick out of hearing the heartbeat.  Bonus when he got to see the baby on the ultrasound.  Though I'm still not so sure he really gets it, he was more curious about the gel and the wand than the actual baby dancing up on screen.

Photobucket

No comments: