Sunday, December 7, 2014

Bump Day ~ 38 Weeks

 (Originally written 11.23.14)

How far along? 38 weeks and surprise!  We have an outside baby!!  Baby girl decided to join us at 37 weeks, 5 days. But for posterity sake I'm going to do one last survey for my last 5 pregnant days.

Weight gain/loss:  Based on my last Dr's appt, the total damage done was 34 pounds.

Maternity Clothes? Ironically the day I gave birth, I was sitting in the waiting room at my OB office and proudly announced to my husband that I wasn't wearing anything maternity.  An impressive feat at nearly 38 weeks.

Sleep: Not too shabby, as long as I'm on my right side baby girl doesn't protest too much.  Now getting out of bed, or rolling over is a different story.  I feel like a turtle stuck on their back.

Stretch marks:  Nada.

Best moment this week: Thursday night all my work friends threw a baby shower for me!  It was my only one this go around and so much fun to celebrate baby girl!

Movement: She's still a mover and a shaker!

Food cravings: Cereal.  I ate a late night bowl several nights this week, it was awesome.

Gender: Team pink!

Labor Signs: Maybe a few cramps here and there, but nothing major.

What I Miss: Being able to tie my shoes.  Or even put shoes on without it being a huge battle.

What I'm looking forward to:  Thanksgiving!  My favorite holiday of the year!

Weekly Wisdom: When you've had high blood pressure and then suddenly your feet swell to twice their natural size, don't be surprised when you immediately get shipped to Labor and Delivery.

Milestones: Made it through my last full week of work!

Big Brother: Excited as ever, I pulled out his Big Brother book and we read it every night. 

Photobucket

No comments: