Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where it's always 58 degrees


My garage that is. I love it. Every morning I get into my car and the temp reads 58. As I back out into the frozen cold tundra I watch it plummet into single digits.

When we first moved to KC, I'd been letting the hubs park in the single car garage. My car had never seen the inside of one so what did I care. Plus, it was August. Well after our first few weeks of winter, my poor hubby has graciously given up his spot. I'm a spoiled wife and it's fantastic!

After living 10 years sans a garage I've quickly remembered how wonderful they are. I don't have to wear my hat, gloves and scarf on the drive to work anymore. I don't have to wait for my car to heat up before even thinking about turning on the heat. And the best part of all....I don't have to scrape the 5 inch layer of ice and snow off my windshield.

Ahhh....so this is what heaven is like!

11 comments:

Patience said...

I love having a garage. It is wonderful.

ae said...

i did not have a garage when i lived in chicago. but did i ever dig my car out of the snow...nope, i just waited until it melted! thank God for the CTA!!

Gwen said...

Oh I'm so jealous!!! We have a garage in our basement and a huge building in our backyard that can easily fit 4 vehicles and both are full. We've lived in this house for almost 7 years and I've never parked in either garage. LOL!!! XOXO

Kitty and June said...

ha! the mr finally got my side of the garage cleaned out this week so now i can park in it now! i was dying for a while!
i so know what you mean! garages are so valuable around these parts! haha

Chardonnay said...

We also have a 1-car garage... it sucks when you're the poor driver with the freezing car!

Brown Girl said...

Haha, I kicked M out of the garage a long time ago. ;) Best decision I ever made.

Lindsey said...

Lucky! I cannot WAIT to have a garage!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, that is a great husband to give up the garage spot!

Lucky in Love said...

I feel the same way. I never, ever had a garage until I was married...and now I couldn't live without it. So much better!

Nikki said...

This is me...jealous. At least Joe has been starting my car for me each morning to get it warmed.

Jules said...

I cannot wait to have a garage! We could have one in our town house, but it was converted into a spare room (sounds strange, but I sweat it looks completely normal). Digging my car out this past weekend was no fun and a garage would have come in very handy.

I’m glad the hubs spoils you and lets you have it!