Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ White Chili (Take Two)

After my first disastrous take on chicken chili found here, I took all your suggestions and went back to the drawing board.  After searching several sites, All Recipes.com won out, two people even claimed to have won chili cook offs with this recipe.  It was good, I don't know if it was blue ribbon good, but certainly better than the last one I tried!  I think what it boils down to is I'm just not a huge fan of the whole White Chili concept.  I still wanted to pass it along though, just because it's not my taste doesn't mean someone else won't love it.  Enjoy!
White Chili
What You Need:
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 bunch green onion thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t salt
1/2 t dried sage
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t ground white pepper
1 T olive oil
3 T butter
1/4 c all purpose flour
2 c chicken broth
2 (14 oz) cans great Northern beans, undrained

What You Do:
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add chicken, saute until cooked through.  Remove from pan.

2.  Saute the onion, red and yellow peppers, jalapeno and garlic in same skillet.  Return chicken along with ginger, salt, sage, cumin and white pepper.  Mix thoroughly.
3.  In a separate small saucepan or skillet, melt butter over medium heat.  Stir in flour to make a roux.  Whisk in chicken broth and mix all together.  Stir this mixture into the sauteed chicken and vegetables.
4.  Stir in beans with can liquid and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Bon Appetite!

4 comments:

Jess said...

It looks yummy! I do plan on trying to make this recipe at some point. I am a good ole regular chili eater myself and I'm thinking that sounds good for tonight's dinner!

Jules said...

I don't think I've ever had chicken chili. I might have to try this.

Stephanie said...

I've never even heard of chicken chili!

Susannah said...

Two things:

1. I think white chicken chili is gross too. Not my style. :)
2. How do you get the precious font on your blog? Was that done by your or your designer? Never seen anything like it!