Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry

So the calendar hanging in my office at work has recipes on it every month, fun right?  Well this one was staring me down the entire month of February and I finally got a around to making it.  Chicken stir fry is a staple in our house so I always jump at the chance put a twist on our usual Asian cuisine.  This one fit the bill nicely....plus it's good for you and totally Project MILF friendly!  Double bonus!  My only complaint is the 2 T of soy sauce left it a bit lacking.  Next time I may add a little of our usual stir fry sauce just to spice it up a bit, otherwise it was delicious....enjoy!


Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
What you need:
1 cup uncooked brown rice, cook according to package
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 lb beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups broccoli florets
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 T light soy sauce

What you do:
While rice is cooking, brown beef with garlic in oil over high heat.  Stir in broccoli and onion; stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Add soy sauce.  Stir in cooked rice; heat thoroughly.
(Makes 4, 1 cup servings with 204 calories and 3 grams of fat)

Bon Appetite!

5 comments:

d.a.r. said...

yum! I am going to have to try this. It would be good with some crushed red pepper, too. Of course, I add that to almost everything haha.

Jules said...

This is one that would be another hit with the husband. He loves any kind of Asian-type food. Maybe I'll be good and make this for him.

capperson said...

I am going to have to try this..sounds yummy!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yum!! I love a good stir-fry!

Kitty and June said...

that looks delicious! in fact i think i'm going to make that for dinner! i needed some inspiration on this rainy day!