Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday ~ Chicken Quesadillas

Ok.  So I know Quesadillas aren't exactly culinary genius.  Nor do you actually need a recipe to pull them off, but when I flipped my handy dandy work calendar to March and saw these delicious beauties starting back at me I knew I had to try them.  Believe it or not....I've never actually made a Quesadilla.  Shocking considering the amount of times I've eaten them at restaurants.  This version seems very healthy though and with my new MILF makeover in the works I've been trying to find good low cal recipes.   I haven't made these yet, last night was bit crazy but they're on the menu for later this week.  Enjoy!

Chicken Quesadillas
What you need:
4 oz Chicken Breast
1 (8 in) whole-wheat tortilla
2 oz low fat shredded cheese
1/8 medium onion, thinly sliced, rings separated
1/4 medium bell pepper, cut into strips

What you do:
Cut chicken into thin strips.  Coat a frying pan with cooking spray.  Saute chicken until cooked.  Add pepper and onion; cook until soft.  Set aside.  Place a tortilla in the frying pan; top one half of the tortilla mixture and the shredded cheese.  Fold the tortilla and press down slightly.  Brown on each side, cut into wedges and serve immediately.

Makes 2 servings: 168 calories, 4 grams of fat
Bon Appetite!

6 comments:

LC @ Old House Now said...

The best part about quesadillas... so easy and SO delicious. Your post seriously has me craving one for dinner tonight... Yum!

Kristen said...

I've never made quesadillas either, but it sounds simple enough! I'm gonna have to give them a try! Hope you've been checking out my own Tasty Tuesday! Yummy and fairly healthy recipes! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Yum!! I have made these before and I love 'em!

bananas. said...

you've never made a quesadilla before this? are you friggen kidding me?!?! i LIVED off these in college. lol.

Anonymous said...

Culinary genius or not they are always delicious!

blogger said...

hi.i sent you an e-mail through the id in the blogger profile? Is it your current id? If not, can you e-mail me back? you can find my id in my profile section. thanks.