Friday, February 5, 2010

Bump Day - 14 Weeks

(I really do own other clothes....but for the sake of these early photos, I thought it might be easier to spot a bump if I wear the same thing every week.)

How far along? 14 weeks....hello 2nd Trimester!
Total weight gain/loss: Up the 2 pounds I lost last week, back to my original 4 pound loss overall. The funny thing is on Tuesday after my 2 day vomfest I was down 2 more pounds...so apparently since then I've actually gained 4 pounds? I think it's time to get a new scale....cause whenever the number is something you don't like, it's always the scale right?
Maternity Clothes? So I gave those Gap maternity jeans a second chance over the weekend. Well after a 3 hour car ride they stretched out some and now I finally get why everyone is so in love with maternity pants....they're the most comfortable thing I've ever owned. I can still fit into my regular jeans just fine, but I think I'll trade them in for elastic waist comfort!
Stretch marks? No...but I've rounded out enough I may bust out the cocoa butter. It probably won't help the inevitable, but it will make me feel better.
Sleep: Yes please! With the exception of potty breaks, I don't think I left the bed for 3 days.
Best moment this week: Getting anti-vom pills from my OBGYN. It's like the miracle drug.
Movement: Nada.
Food cravings: Anything I could keep down....which wasn't much. I ate ALOT of dry toast. Yesterday I braved some chicken fingers, you'd think I'd died and gone to food heaven.
Gender: Mother's intuition still says boy.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In. I'm voting it stays in the whole time. I'm not a turkey timer for heavens sake!
What I miss: Advil. Tylenol is a useless drug....useless!
What I'm looking forward to: My doctors appt on Wed! I'm still at the in between phase where I'm not really showing and I don't feel any movement so sometimes I doubt it's still in there....any medical verification that I really am a human incubator is good!
Weekly Wisdom: Being sick when you're not pregnant sucks. Being sick when you are pregnant is like 1000 times worse. I guess that's not really wisdom, but I spent most of the week with my head in a toilet so cut me some slack, I'm a little short on the wisdom today.
Milestones: The two grandmothers to be have joined forces and purchased our nursery furniture! YAY! I burst into tearstold my mom it was too soon, but she couldn't pass up a good bargain....JC Penney was having a super sale after all! We're going to keep it in the beer warehouse, appropriate don't you think, until we get a house or decide we're never moving and turn the office into a nursery. I'm hoping for the house. Either way, isn't it beautiful!!

(Both pieces will be Espresso like the crib)


17 comments:

Lindsey said...

You look great! Love that little baby bump!

Anonymous said...

I see the bump starting to protrude! I am SO with you on the tylenol not working thing. I miss Advil soooo much!

Gwen said...

Such a cute tiny bump!!! YAY!!!

And I did pick up the cookie jar. It came out with rings around my dots but it's growing on me. I'll send photos this weekend. :)

XOXO

Unknown said...

Beautiful, my lady! You look stunning. And I see a bump!!!

Kelsey712 said...

love your nursery furniture and you look so cute!

CONGRATS!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you're feeling better enough to eat some real food. That baby will be demanding some serious nourishment soon.

Jules said...

My friend Krystie has been telling me how comfortable maternity pants are. I’m glad you like them! I always blame the scale too when it’s a number I don’t like, but I think it’s good you’re gaining considering there is a little bean growing in there :)

The belly button answer made me laugh this week and I love the furniture that the g-mom’s are going in on.

ae said...

Love the nursery furniture! Glad you are feeling better.

I have something for you at my blog!!

Stephanie said...

Love these updates. You should start getting that appetite back any second now!

Brittany said...

Adorable baby bump!! I can't wait to have one some day! Your nursery furniture is beautiful. Definitely something they can use and add pieces too throughout his/her life!

ALin said...

That furniture is presh! How exciting! And what a cute little bump you have!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I really like both of those furniture pieces!!

brooke said...

awww!!! of course i heart your weekly bump series!!!! and that furniture!!! i am envious over it!!!! perfect!

G said...

sorry for the sicks. Yay for the stretch pants!

Jen said...

Cute baby bump!!
Your blog is so cute :) Just found it from the Seattle Smith's!

Lis said...

Yay! I love your bump! It's too cute!!

I hope you start feeling better soon!! I know it's miserable to feel like crud and not able to take any meds. I could kill for a claritin-d!!!

And love the furniture - and how sweet of the gmas to buy it!!

bananas. said...

you look great! and those furniture pieces are fab! hope you had a great weekend mama :)