Friday, April 23, 2010

Bump Day -- 25 weeks


How far along? 25 weeks

Weight gain/loss: This week: Down 1 pound. Woo hoo I'll take it! Total: Up 9 pounds. Back in the single digits....no complaints here! Bring on the Ben & Jerry's!

Maternity Clothes? Yes please...and starting to fit! I tried on a few "real waisted" maternity pants...haha, that was funny. Maybe if I had a higher, basketball belly they'd have worked but even in a size up from my normal they were no where near buttoning over my low rider. Looks like it's nothing but elastic waists from here on out!

Sleep: Some nights it's great. Others I toss and turn.

Stretch marks: Nope, nothing new at least. I suppose that's the one "advantage" to having that fat year in college....

Best moment this week: Going to my monthly appt to have my doctor gush all over me about how cute my bump is (she has to say that right?) and how perfect my pregnancy is going. I love when doctors use the word perfect. I mean I already knew my baby was, but it's nice to hear someone else say it. Haha. :)

Movement: Lots! I'm noticing patterns now too....he's pretty active in the morning, crashes after lunch (lucky guy) and then is back up right about the time I'm trying to go to sleep. I usually lay in bed with my shirt up and just stare at my belly as I watch him kick and punch away in there. It really is the coolest thing ever. He even put on a show for the doctor yesterday, kicking at the doppler microphone every time she tried to listen to his heartbeat. Apparently he doesn't like other people in his space!

Food cravings: The sweet tooth is back! I still indulge in my salty chips and ranch dressing now and again, but a bag will last more than a few days now. The ice cream however doesn't stand a chance!! Oh, and rainbow chip frosting straight out of the can....drool.

Gender: Franks and beans!

Labor Signs: Nada.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I DON'T Miss: Shaving my legs all the time. And no, I'm not walking around like the amazon woman...but apparently when you're pregnant the hair on your legs doesn't grow as fast. It's a good thing too, cause pretty soon I'm wondering how I will even reach them....

What I'm looking forward to: Painting the nursery. I've FINALLY decided what I want to do and it's going to be fabulous! (You'll all just have to wait for the big reveal) The best part is we have a new hardware store opening this weekend and they are having a buy one get one free sale on gallons of paint....plus (and this really is the best part) FREE pancakes for breakfast and FREE hot dogs for lunch. I told the hubs if we plan it right we can hit them up twice. Nothing motivates a pregnant woman like free food!

Weekly Wisdom: Staring at your baby registry does not make things magically get purchased no matter how many times a day you check it.

Milestones: They gave me the dreaded sugar drink for my next OB appt....here's to hoping in 3 weeks they don't tell me I have diabetes...that would really put a wrench in my frosting obsession.


21 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

aww, the doctor being sweet about your bump is so nice!

And is it me or does it seem like your bump posts come REALLY fast?!?! Wasn't there one already this week??? I am going dillusional I guess. But I'm like, "WHOA another week for her!"...must mean another week for me too! haha

Jules said...

Glad to hear that you’re doing well and it sounds like you have a really nice doctor. The word “perfect” is always a good sign.

That is so cool and strange at the same time to lie there and actually see the baby move. It must be an incredible feeling!

I cannot wait to see the big nursery reveal. I know you’ll do a great job. The paint sale is just at the right time and free food…score!

Lindsey said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and have a good doctor! You look fab as always!

ae said...

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!

ae said...

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!!

Unknown said...

You are so right about not needing to shave as much. I thought it would be the opposite with all the hormones flying around, but I can go a week in between shavings without getting the hairy eyeball from the Hubs.

Someone needs to open a hardware store in my town! I was at Lowe's the other day and an employee was grilling up some hotdogs out front but they were for employees only. How rude is that?

I'm with you on the registry checking too. My shower is still 2 months away and hasn't really even been announced, yet I seem to think people will already be buying gifts. Silly preggo!

Btw, looking good mama!

jen said...

Cute bellah :)

Yay for nursing pics...can't wait!

Lucky in Love said...

Look at your bump!

Is it bad that I eat frosting from the can and I am NOT pregnant?

Crap.

Mrs. Pick said...

Glad to hear everything is still going well and perfect!

You look great!

Jessica Hilton said...

Glad to hear everything is right on track with your pregnancy! I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!

Mrs. M said...

Your bump IS cute! Can't wait to see the nursery.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you're doing so well!

Nikki said...

Your bump is looking great. It's amazing what a couple weeks can do in pregnancy land!

Brittany said...

Happy to hear everything is going so well! Is that an Ohio State shirt you are sporting?!!?

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!!

Hope Chella said...

How exciting! I am going to be a first time auntie in June and this week painted my nephew's nursery!!

Good luck and lovely blog,
Hope :) xx

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

I came across your blog at 20SB..it's so funny! Congrats on the babyfriend!

Kelly
http://kellyvillewi.blogspot.com/

bananas. said...

franks and beans, fanks and beans!!!

oh man, i can't wait to see the nursery. better document EVERYTHING!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog.....Happy Sunday. I have a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Gwen said...

I loved my OB. He always made me feel so normal. LOL!!!

You look adorable with your little Jamie bump!!!

XOXO

jen said...

omg i just realized I wrote 'nursing pics'! ::blushes::
totally meant NURSERY pics! Promise! :)

http://arewethereyet8.blogspot.com/