Friday, April 17, 2009

Overrated

So after listening to all the hype, I finally caved awhile back and read the first Twilight book. I finished it, only because I kept praying it would get better. It never did. I was bored by the authors attempt to overwrite a bad book about teenage angst and forbidden love. Are all those big words really necessary?? Did she have a pocket thesaurus with her at all times? It was like watching a bad episode of Dawson's Creek. Teenagers, hell grown adults, don't talk like that even if they are 300 yr old vampires. I have yet to find another person who agrees with me. I'm like the black sheep of the entire literate population, and I'm ok with that. At least I won't waste my time or money on books 2, 3 or 4. I did however, make the mistake of watching the movie. I thought a little movie magic might make the story more interesting. WRONG! The move is just as, if not more, boring than the book. And, brace yourselves, I don't think Edward is that attractive. Maybe it's just me, but I don't go for freaky looking pale dudes with WAY too big hair.

No comments: