Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nah, nah, nah, nah.....BATMAN!


Bright and early this morning I went to take the dog out.
We walked down the hallway like every other morning.
Moose stopped to smell something, nothing out of the ordinary....
Moose continued to smell somthing...
Come on dude...it's 6AM.
We have precious moments before I fully wake up and can no longer go back to sleep.
Let's GO!

He moves on.
I see weird black thing on floor.
Hmmm.
That's weird....I don't remember that being there last night.
I turn the light on and bend down for a closer look...

OH.

MY.

GOD!!!!

At this point I have no clue what I've seen.
But I'm smart enough to know I don't want to find out.
So I do what every smart woman does....yells for her husband.

"HUN! HUN! There's a weird dead creature of sorts of the floor and I need you to get rid of it."

An eternity later my husband emerges from the bedroom.
From a safe, almost ridiculous distance...we try to figure out what exacly lie dead on our floor.
My husband tried to convince me it's just a leaf.
Umm...I think you need new glasses, last time I checked leaves werent black, covered with fur and have tiny feet.

We've ruled out mouse.
It's certainly not a bug....
We think it's a bat.
And apparently my husband claims it may just be sleeping.
Seriously?
Again with the glasses dude....it's most certainly dead.
Thank god. At least we have death on our side.
Either way...I want this thing outta my house...now.

Still convinced it may just be "sleeping" the hubs tells me to stand back.
So I do. Now is not the time to argue....
I stand outside our sliding glass door while my husband, complete with gardening gloves on, manages to scoop the bat into a box.
And then leaves it on the kitchen table.

Gross.

I muster up the courage to carry the box out to the garage...where I proceed to drop it...and scream like a little bitch.
The hubs asks what's wrong to which I calmly reply,
"Nothing. I just dropped the box"
To which I hear laughing.
Thanks hun. Thanks.

Who needs caffiene to jump start their day?
I certainly didn't.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

hahaha, too funny! I would have done the same thing :)

Brittany Ann said...

Oh my gosh! Ewww! I'd have freaked!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, but that was hilarious! I'm sure in the moment, not so funny, but reading it - so funny!

Brown Girl said...

Ew and scary! Yucko!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhh, that is NOT the way I wanna wake up. You deserve a cocktail. Only a few more months until you can have one. HA!

Anonymous said...

Lol, but not at that moment, I'm sure. Maybe Moose has super powers and sniffed/licked it to death! Great weekend scootch....

xoxox Mom

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, wow! I would have totally freaked out. I'm glad the thing was dead and not sleeping.

Tiffany said...

Ew, ew, ew! I would've freaked out, but I'm pretty sure my husband would've as well, haha.