Saturday, December 31, 2011

Three years ago

Three years ago....
I woke up early because I was too excited to sleep...
I was drinking mimosas with my best friends....
Putting on the prettiest dress I've probably ever wear...
Taking deep breaths as I waited....
To walk down the aisle...
and say "I do."


Today....
I woke up early because I heard calls of "mama, mama!" coming from across the hall....
I'll be lucky to finish my cup of coffee....
And yoga pants are about as fancy as it will get.
But I wouldn't want it any other way.
Today I'll spend the day with not just one man, but two.
All because three years ago,
I said "I do."


Happy Anniversary Mr. EyeCanSee!
The best is yet to come!
xoxo,


15 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I love this! what a cute comparison :) happy anniversary!

Katie said...

So sweet :) Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary and a VERY happy new year to you too!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

Awwww I LOVE this. SO cute!!! You have a very beautiful family- lucky girl! Enjoy the rest of the holidays. :)

Stephanie said...

How sweet!! Happy Day to you! And Happy New Year too!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

such a cute post!!!! Happy Anniversary and a Happy New Year!!

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary (again)! I can remember when you posted all of your pics on the Knot! It also makes me excited because our anniversary is right around the corner! Three years has gone by so fast!

Katie said...

Awwww happy anniversary!! And new years!

Melissa said...

What a great wedding date! Happy Anniversary! :)

for my 2nd wedding anniversary I was 4 weeks postpartum, and still nuts from hormones. I did wear a dress and go to dinner, but I had to force myself lol

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

So sweet. Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year! I love that you got married on new years eve :)

Jordan said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Hope it was wonderful!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Jules said...

I adore this post! Happy (belated) Anniversary and Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time celebrating.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So cute! Happy anniversary!

dave and jenn said...

This is way belated, but Happy Anniversary! I was thinking of you on the 31st and remembered that it was a special day for you!