Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday ~ Chicken Ranch Tacos


I recently discovered a new Weight Watchers recipe blog called LaaLoosh.  The first recipe I tried was a total bust so I had kind of shied away from trying another, but when this one popped up into my reader I knew I had to make it!  It did not disappoint!  The chicken was so moist and juicy and the red onion {that I almost didn't include} really added to the flavors!  My only change the next time around will be to use low sodium taco seasoning and/or chicken broth, I thought it was a tad on the salty side!  Otherwise it was a total win and will definitely be making it into our weekly rotation!


Picture courtesy of LaaLoosh

Chicken Ranch Tacos
what you need
12oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package dry ranch seasoning mix
1 package dry taco seasoning mix
2 cups fat free chicken broth
12 taco shells
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

what you do
Put chicken, broth, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning into a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Shred chicken with two forks.
Divide chicken and taco fixings evenly amongst the taco shells.
 
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 tacos
Each serving = 6 Points +

Bon Appetite!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Samantha said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Michelle said...

I need to make this ASAP

the workaholic momma said...

whoa...those sound delish and the fact that they are healthy too...a total win in my book - thanks for sharing!!

JennOvey said...

I am so writing this down, it looks de-lish.