Monday, February 4, 2013

Project MILF: I'm not perfect. I'm human.

January 14th officially marked my one year anniversary at WW.
365 days to a healthier me.
52 weeks since I stepped foot through those doors.
Wow.
I celebrated in the best way possible -- sharing my story.
When my leader approached me and asked me to speak at a big event they were having for new and exisiting members I was honored.  Out of ALL the success stories they could have chosen they chose me?  Even with as far as I've come, sometimes I find it hard to believe that I could possibly be an inspiration to someone else.  But I am.  And I'm slowly wrapping my head around it.
After I blubbered like an idiot told everyone my story, someone asked me if I had a daily mantra that helps me get through the hard days.  Without hesitation I said yes.  I'm not perfect.  I'm human.
In so many diets of the past, if I would stumble.  Have a bad day.  Or a bad week.  I'd often just give up and throw in the towel.  Take whatever weight I'd lost up until that point and call it good enough.
Not this time.
Now that certaily doesn't mean I haven't had bad days.  I do.  But instead of giving up, I use it as motivation.  Fuel to my fire to motivate me to keep going.
It took me three long months to lose these past 10 pounds.
By far the longest it's ever taken me to lose a "decade."
Between the holidays.  And the little bit of burnout I was feeling.  I kept juggling the same few pounds.  Up and down.  Up and down.  Week after week after week.
The me of the past would have admitted defeat.  Given up on my ultimate goal.
But the me of today?  The one who's lost 90 pounds?
She said hell no.
I have come way to far to give up now, just 15 pounds shy of my goal.
I deserve better than just good enough.
I am in this for the long haul.
I had to remind myself that I'm not perfect.  I'm human.
  And it's ok to have a few set backs along the way.
It doesn't matter when you finish.
What matters is that you do.
{To see all my progress pics, check out the "Project MILF" link in my blog header}
 
Happy Monday Peeps! 
Photobucket

18 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

I started reading your blog shortly after you shared your story on Loves Of Life. I had just started WW in October and your story couldn't have come at a better time. I was in need of a little inspiration and definitely got so much more than that! Our stories were just so similar. You really are a truly amazing inspiration and I'm so thankful that you've shared and are sharing your story. You.are.amazing! =D

Anonymous said...

WOW! 90lbs thats insane! Congratulations! This is what hard work and preserverance looks like! You don't even look like the same person as in the before pictures! You are such an inspriation and I love the not giving up and you're human mantra. It is so true. I'll be thinking about your bod on the treadmill tonight lol have a great day girly!

Christina said...

Congrats on the amazing weight loss. You look FANTASTIC!!! Keep pushing through...you are definitely an inspiration!

Katie said...

What an honor!! Your journey has to be a huge motivation to so many people. You look fantastic!!

Unknown said...

WOW congrats girl! Such an HUGE accomplishment and an honor to be asked to speak to help motivate others. You look great, but I am sure you know that.

Helene said...

wow. this is amazing. congratulations. And what a motivation to others out there.

Molly B said...

You really look great! congrats, I am proud of you!!

Jess said...

Amazing!!! You look fabulous! Hope to see you this weekend!

Lindsey said...

You are a rock star!!!! Seriously, so impressed! You look AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!! And you are HOT!! :O)

Also, I would love to see some posts of your daily meals! I need some ideas for work lunches!!

Gracias and CONGRATULATION you are a MILF!! Boom!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've read your blog for a long, long time. I'm one of those creepers who rarely comments, but I have to say that you look gorgeous hon! You always have, don't get me wrong. You have stuck with this and I love that you shared your story! Good for you. I know a lot of us moms can relate to having a bad day or bad week, but sticking with deserves total recognition. I'm very happy for you! Thanks for being an inspiration.

Becky said...

90 pounds! That is amazing! Good for you! I am back at WW for probably the 30th time in my adult life. What did you do to lose all that weight? Any tips?

Melissa said...

You look AMAZING! 90 lbs off is a huge accomplishment! Congrats! :D

Samantha said...

You look wonderful!!! Thank you for inspiring me to get my butt in gear and get out of the funk to get rid of the last 25 I've got to go.

dave and jenn said...

You look awesome! Even with the bandaged finger! :)

Nikki said...

I'm on top of looking fabulous you also look like you're only 25 in those pics. Hot moms night out, here we come.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You look absolutely fantastic! A big congrats to you!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You look so fabulous! You have completely rocked it!