With winter in full swing it's safe to say grilling season is behind us.
So when I stumbled across this recipe on Skinny Mom's Kitchen I was stoked.
A cheeseburger....I can make during the winter....that's not going to kill my waistline?
They did not disappoint. In fact I've already made it twice!
Its a fun twist on the tradtional burger and the flavor is amazing!
Plus I love that I can enjoy it guilt free!
It's been a huge hit all around!
what you need
1 pound ground beef ( I used 91/9 lean ground beef)
1 T worcestershire sauce
1 T ketchup
1 T grated parmesan
1 t dried onion flakes
1/8 t pepper
1/8 t salt
5 wraps (I used Mission Whole Wheat Carb Balance -- large burrito size)
5 slices sharp American cheese (I used Kraft 2% Big Slices)
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup of romaine lettuce
what you do
1. In a medium to large skillet cook the beef until almost cooked but still a little pink. Break beef up as it cooks. Drain excess grease.
2. Add worcestershire, ketchup, grated parmesan, dried onion flakes, salt and pepper to beef. Mix until combined. Continue cooking until beef is no longer pink.
3. Turn on indoor grill to 350 or you can use a grill pan. (I used my foreman)
4. In the center of each wrap place a slice of cheese and 1/2 cup of the beef mixture. Add lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard. (We also added pickles, cause really? What's a cheeseburger without pickles?!)
5. Roll the wrap and place seam side down on grill. Once there are nice grill marks turn over. Grill for 2-3 more minutes then remove.
Serves 5. WW: 9PP per serving (Per the ingredients I used)