A long time ago in a far away place.....a wise woman schooled me on how to attach my email address to my blog so people could reply to my comments. Thanks to her I've been living a happier, more fulfilled life ever since.
Ok. Maybe it hasn't been that life changing....but it did make it easier for people to answer all my burning questions. So now I feel it is my blogger duty to pass this knowledge on to all of you. Why? Because I get people asking me questions all the time, and when I go to reply I get the dreaded "noreply@blogger" email address....it makes me sad.
I love my readers. I love that you actually read
the random thoughts I call writing my blog. I love that you ask questions.
I don't love that I can't always answer them and feel like I leave you hanging.
Sometimes I even go as far as to go back to your blog to try and answer it there...only to discover you didn't link your own blog in your profile or worse, due to blogger malfunctions I can't even comment on your blog.
(More on that to come)
So pretty pretty please with a cherry on top follow these few steps so we can all live together in blog harmony:
1. Go to your blogs Dashboard
2. Click on "Edit Profile" on the upper left hand corner
3. Under the Privacy section check the box that says "Show my email address"
4. Scroll down to the Identity section....enter in your email address. (It can be any email, not necessarily the one you use to sign in to blogger)
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Profile"
6. Sleep soundly at night knowing I can now respond to your comments and flood your inbox with even more nonsense. YAY! :)
Now on to my next favor.
I know, I know, I'm all sorts of needy today.
I love reading all of your blogs. I love commenting on them.
I don't love that Blogger has gone all ape shit and won't let me.
Have you missed me? Have you noticed my lack of blog love? I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still reading. I'm still trying to comment.
But after trying to log in 194843023 times and getting an error, I eventually just give up.
Apparently there's a malfunction out there where if your comments are set up a certain way it's giving people error messages. So if you love reading my funnies on your blog, make sure to do this:
1. Go to your blogs Dashboard
2. Click on "Settings" (Top center next to the new post and edit post links)
3. Click on "Comments" (Along the top after Basic, Publishing & Formatting)
4. Under Comment Forms Placement choose either if the top 2 options (Full Page or Pop up). Do NOT choose Embedded Below Post.
5. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "Save Settings"
6. Smile knowing I can post comments on your blog again! YAY! :)
All righty. Are you still there? Have I bored you to tears yet? Kuddos to you if you're still reading, cause I have one more teensy little favor to ask.
I want to change up the ole blog.
It's starting to look a bit cluttered, the pictures are spilling out over the margins and driving me all sorts of crazy.
I need a face lift.
But I'm technically challenged.
So I need some help.
Do you design blogs? Do you know someone who designs blogs?
Please send their name my way!!
I guess that about covers it. I will now return to our regularly scheduled programming
Happy Tuesday Friends!