Sunday, August 2, 2009

His legs move as if independent from his body....

I love Irish dancing. I've seen Riverdance....twice. And every year I drag the Mr. to the Dublin (Ohio) Irish Festival to get my Jig fix. The IrishFest is something I look forward to every summer. There's tons of food, shopping, Irish rock bands, bag pipers and of course...Irish dancing. He must have secretly been enjoying it all this time because when I told him I had to find someone else to drag along for the ride, he seemed genuinely disappointed. Anyways, last night I spent my evening mesmerized by the Irish dancers yet again. I think as someone who danced as a child I am just amazed at how they do it. It's nothing like the typical tap/jazz/ballet that I did. They seriously don't move from the waist up while their feet and legs are moving like 100 miles an hour. The best was when a little 6 year old boy went on stage and totally stole the show. He was too cute for words. I've already warned the hubs that if my children (girl or boy) shows any interest in it.....we will have a clan of Irish dancers to entertain me at any given moment. My poor future children. They're doomed already!
PS I wanted to include a video of some Irish dancing monkey's...cause I know deep down everyone wants to see that. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a YouTube video on my blog. Can anyone out there help me?
Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

JK said...

I used to Irish dance! Still do occasionally for work out purposes. Such is my devotion to it that a friend of mine recently bought me a collector edition Barbie in full Irish dance costume! Wonderful, wonderful dance style.. Absolute killer on your ankles though!I'm afraid I'm no use with the video issue xx

Brittany said...

I have never been to the Dublin Irish Festival, but I really want to go! I will definitely have to get on the ball and go next year!

Brittany said...

ps. How are you liking the bump it? I used my sisters for the first time yesterday and it didn't work as well as I thought it would. I have a lot of hair and it still showed through a bit. Just wondering what ya thought!

Ashley said...

How neat! I have never seen Irish dancing before! Sounds like you guys had a blast! And I read from Brittany's post that you got a bump it?!?! OMG Do you loooovvveee it?!? I see those commercials all the time and I always wondered if anyone ever bought it and how it worked?!? Keep me posted!

The New Mrs said...

We were at the Irish festival last night! :)

Unknown said...

iv seen it- bit mental how fast there feet move xoxox

ae said...

I have a small obsession with anything irish! Thanks for following my blog! Good luck on your move.

I'm Anna. said...

Hahaha! That is the best post title I have ever seen! My favorite episode of Friends, hands down. "According to Chandler, what scares the bejeezus out of him?"