First from Jules over at Chic & Pink I got the Splash award. Jules might just be the sweetest blogger out there. She always leaves the nicest comments, I'm convinced she must never sleep to keep up on all the latest! So if you haven't yet, go check out her blog, you won't be disappointed! Thanks Jules!
The Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award you must:
- Put the logo on your blog/post
- Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, inspire or impress you
- Let them know they've been splashed by commenting on their blog
- Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award
I pass this award along too:
My second award, My Lazy Sunday MeMe, came from Modern Mom over at How to Survive Life in the Suburbs. She cracks me up on a daily basis!! I only hope when I'm a mom I'm HALF as cool as she is! Modern Mom...you rock!! Thanks for the meme!Here are the rules for this one:
- Collect the book you have most handy
- Turn to page 161
- Find the 5th complete sentence
- Site the sentence on your blog
Since I'm not really reading anything right now, I grabbed the first book I could find in my moms lake book basket. Ironically it was one I had actually read, so it's not a total consolation. It's Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I enjoy his books, but I've noticed lately I've read so many they all start to sound the same and have become very predictable. Here's sentence numero 5 from page 161:
"She leaned into me, and when I closed my eyes, I knew I wanted nothing more than to hold her this way forever"
Wow. Pretty mushy. Typical Sparks writing. Happy Sunday!