Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's NOT a mumu!!

So for years and years I used to be a t-shirt and boxers kinda girl when it came to sleepwear. Lately I've started wearing nightgown/sleep shirt kinda things (see picture). They're comfy. Girly. And don't ride ride up like boxers or sleepy pants. Well my husband makes fun of me. Endlessly. Last night he looked at the dog and said, "Watch out Kasey...here comes mom in her mumu." I take great offense to this. My sleep attire does not involve plaid, flannel or sleeves and it's most certainly NOT full length. My grandma would not wear it. American Eagle goes as far as to call them nighties. I'm not entirely sure why I allow this to bother me so much....but it does. So stop it. It's NOT a mumu!



15 comments:

Jules said...

I think it's really cute and looks comfy! Not a mumu at all ;) I still do a t-shirt and boxers/shorts most of the time.

Chardonnay said...

I think it looks pretty sexy!

erin.patrice said...

wear a real mumu just once and ask him which he likes better... I mean really! mumu? Pssshhh, Boys

Nikki said...

I like Erin's idea...go with the mumu once or twice and see what he says then.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yeah that's not a mumu at all! It's a nightie for sure. It's cute! I'm a big sleep shorts girl.

the davidsons said...

I love this...and its no mumu!

LC @ Old House Now said...

definitly NOT a mumu!! boys have no clue what they're talking about... ugh.

Annie said...

it's cute and definately a nightie!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

when i wear a nightgown, I always get made fun of! :) I feel the same way as you... it is so comfy and the best thing to sleep in!

Hilary said...

Just don't wait till they're paper thin, you have a teenager daughter with friends over & you come out, without underthings to do laundry...

Elizabeth Marie said...

Its cute!! Not mumu-ish at all. men!

d.a.r. said...

Super cute!!!!!!

My concern with nighties like that is this: do you wear undies underneath?? It seems weird to go without, but I only own thongs and would hate buying special underwear just to wear under a nightie.

Ah the dilemmas haha. Hence why I stick with the tank and boy short combo!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

i wear those EVERY NIGHT ;) my hubby likes them though...ha....

he needs to watch it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

WHAT. That is so stinkin' cute. No mumu in sight.

TheBeautyFile said...

The dress is super cute! Love the color and cut!!