Friday, June 25, 2010

Bump Day -- 34 Weeks

Sorry for the crummy pic....I was at work and trying to snap it before someone walked in and thought I was crazy!

How far along? 34 weeks

Weight gain/loss: 3 pounds this week...give or take. The scale gave me 5 different numbers so I took the lowest. Duh. I'm no fool. Haha. I suppose after 3 weeks of not gaining I can't complain...but it doesn't make me feel any less fat. Total: 23 pounds

Maternity Clothes? Yes and even those are starting to be too tight or too short. This week I actually retired my scrubs and switched to black yoga pants. Problem is I work 5 days a week and only have 1 pair. I'll let you do the math on that one. Yikes.

Sleep: Fine as long as I don't wake up with the worst heartburn ever!

Stretch marks: I shed a tear this week as I confirmed a few tiny little red stretch marks on my belly. So much for all the freakin' cocoa butter...what a sham!

Best moment this week: A man I don't know asked me when I was due. It only took 34 weeks but someone finally noticed I was pregnant...not just a huge fatty. I wanted to hug him.

Movement: Yep he was a moving and shaking to the radio in the car yesterday.

Food cravings: Anything that doesn't give me heartburn. Does Tums count as food??

Gender: Team Blue!

Labor Signs: Nothing yet....but there's this thing that happens called Lightening Crotch. It's about as pleasant as it sounds.

Belly Button in or out? In like Flynn.

What I Miss: Not being hot all the freakin time. If I could find a way to attach a fan to me I would.

What I'm looking forward to: Spending the weekend with my BFF and her little baby girl!

Weekly Wisdom: Resist the urge to punch people who remind you that if you think it's hot out now...just wait till July. Really? As if I wasn't already aware of this...thanks for sharing.

Milestones: I *think* we are actually done buying baby things for now. I got our pack and play and the last of my newborn cloth dipes ordered this week and the hubs assembled the bookshelf/storage piece. I'm sure I will think of something else we HAVE TO HAVE, but for now I feel pretty confident we have all the necessities. Now if only I could get the nursery in order.....

17 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fabulous my dear! Almost there! Hang in there ;)

Lucky in Love said...

What the HELL is lightning crotch?

Wait. Don't tell me.

Hilary said...

Holy crap! Where has the time gone!? I read these every week and just realized you're 34 freaking weeks! I also just realized you're due right after my birthday! I'm rooting for August 1st. :-)

Annie said...

lightening crotch....um owie!?!
have a great weekend with your bestie!! :)
get that nursery finished, i want to see final pics ;)

Stephanie said...

LOL Love that you snuck a pic at work. And remember your not hot, yuor glowing)

Kristen said...

omg I vividly remember lightening crotch! So NOT fun!

Brown Girl said...

It would have been funny if you'd have hugged the guy and said thank you thank you, you don't know how much that means to me. And then just walked off. Ha!

bananas. said...

don't give up on the cocoa butter...i've never been pregs but so i wouldn't know but i like to hope that stuff works.

Brittany said...

Lightening crotch..haha! Just the name of it scares me!!

Hope you have a great time this weekend (with Harper?)!! :)

Ashley Paige said...

Tums is DEFINITELY a food group in itself!! Seriously, I keep them next to my bed, downstairs in the kitchen cabinet next to the dishes, in the glove compartment in my car and I even have a baggy in each of my purses..

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Looking great! You're in the home stretch!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

New follower to your blog because frankly, it's adorable and this post cracked me up : ) And you look SO great at 34 weeks... I know 2 friends of mine that are almost that far along that would be super jealous, haha!

Gwen said...

I can't believe you are so close!!! You are still adorable as always!!! Love that you took a quick shot in the restroom. :) XOXO

Diana Stone said...

Congrats - you look beautiful! Almost there.

Good luck with the lightning crotch - I wish I could tell you it gets better. :/

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Happy 24 weeks! Ugh I hate when people comment on how hot I'm going to be now that I'm pregnant in the summertime - you think I don't already know?!

Jules said...

You make me laugh and have such a good attitude about everything. I love how you’re getting by on one pair of yoga pants. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. That is so cute that he was moving around while the radio was on. Lightening Crotch. I don’t think I even want to know ;)

It sounds like you guys are all ready for the baby to arrive. I hope you had a nice weekend with your BFF and her baby.

Unknown said...

kobe basketball shoes
nike dunks shoes
nike air zoom
adidas stan smith
michael kors outlet
longchamp
michael kors outlet
lacoste polo
nike polo
true religion outlet
20170706