Friday, June 11, 2010

Bump Day -- 32 Weeks

How far along? 32 weeks

Weight gain/loss: This week: Nothing again! Total: 20 pounds. I'll take it!

Maternity Clothes? You betcha, still rocking the pull up pants! Yesterday I was wearing my non-maternity maxi dress from last summer but threw a tank on underneath since my cups are well....overflowing. Well the tank is also non-maternity and hit me right about the belly button. Haha. Nice.

Sleep: Pretty good...I had one crappy night where I literally woke up every hour....on the hour. Tried sleeping in the guest room....no dice. Luckily it was just a one time thing!

Stretch marks: I suspect there's something small brewing on my belly. It cannot be confirmed as I can only see them in the mirror...which means they don't technically count right? At least they're tiny and only one or two. Stupid cocoa butter...what good are you!

Best moment this week: It's a toss up this week. Finishing the nursery painting was pretty freaking fantastic....considering it took us 3 different weekends to do 3, yes 3 coats of the cream, tape off and measure the stripes and then do 2 coats of the brown. That's a lot of painting. I also finally cashed in the pre-natal massage gift certificate the hubby gave me for Christmas. It was wonderful....though I could have done without all the chit chat. Doesn't she know I'm here to relax and forget that I'm pregnant...not spend an hour talking about pregnancy and babies with a woman I just met.

Movement: So now that Jamie is big enough some days depending on what position he's in I can actually feel him. I can't confirm what I'm actually feeling, probably back or butt, but it's definitely baby. Well the other night he was being pretty quiet, so I thought I'd see if I could find him in there, sure enough with just a few presses I found him, then apparently nudged a bit too hard and actually pushed him to the other side. It was maybe the weirdest feeling ever.

Food cravings: This week I've been dying for some good Mexican. I've had bean burritos for lunch everyday and killed a thing of Guacamole in one sitting. It was good. Now if I could only figure out how to make a non-alcoholic margarita we'd be in business!

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: Nope. Nothing since those weird cramps last week.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I Miss: Standing up without assistance. Getting off the couch is like a work of art these days. Did someone cut the legs off this thing?? I do NOT remember it being so low to the ground!

What I'm looking forward to: Putting the nursery back together! I picked up a window valance yesterday and we're going to buy the glider this weekend! We're making progress people!

Weekly Wisdom: If you have the slightest indication that you may need to pee....just go. Trying to ignore it while doing the dishes will NOT work...it will only result in a mad dash to the bathroom where you may actually start to pee before your pants are fully down and your butt has hit the seat. Looks like I better step up the kegels stat!

Milestones: I think I had my first official stranger comment!! It wasn't a straight forward "when are you due" kind of thing....but she was talking about her kids then nodded at my belly and said she was just trying to warn me about what I was in for. Hey...that's close enough, I will take it!!





19 comments:

Kristen said...

LOVE the room! Way to go!

Tiffany said...

Love the walls! And yay for stranger comments! Makes you feel like ppl finally realize you didn't just eat too much ice cream. ;)

Kelsey712 said...

I love the stripes in your nursery! they look great :)

Brown Girl said...

Ha you make me laugh. Peeing your pants is cool! ;) (that's billy madison for ya)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those stripes! So cute! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Jax said...

I dont know if I've said so before but LOVE the name Jamie! And you look adorable, girlie! Adorable stripes in the nursery. :)

Annie said...

love the stripes!! i can't wait to see the whole room put together!!

at least the stranger didn't try to touch your tummy! ;)

p.s. so sorry i missed your bday post :( happy belated birthday hun!! :)

Stephanie said...

LOL I so laughed out loud at the kegels. DO THEM! Keep up with thte coca butter too..I swear it got me through 2 HUGE babies with out a mark.
And love love that room:)

PS Thanks so much for thekind words on my blog the other day:)

Kristen said...

The nursery painting looks great! Your hard work paid off!

Anonymous said...

Wow...so many things to comment on about this .....OMG, the room looks amazing! Did you know your baby looks like a green sock monkey in the crib??? Seriously, how could anyone think you were not pregnant. I thought someone cut off the couch legs too, cuz when I was there last week, I had trouble getting up :>) Peeing your pants is just a sign of things to come when you're old and no longer have pregnancy for an excuse! Remember how grandma ALWAYS had to pee before leaving the house! And finally...Yeah for no weight gain, despite the DQ cake. xoxox mom

Ashley said...

I love the nursery!!! It is beautiful and the little one is going to love it! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that crib!

d.a.r. said...

Love the crib and paint in the nursery!!

Lucky in Love said...

How gorgeous is that nursery!!!!

Jules said...

That’s awesome that you had another week of no gain! Thank goodness the hour of sleep thing was a one night deal.

The nursery walls look so cute and you guys did a great job. I’m glad you were able to relax with a massage, but I can not stand it when people talk during the process. You’re there to zone out and some people don’t get that. So annoying!

Whoa about pushing him to the other side. That must have been such a strange feeling.

Mmmm…I’m not pregnant and I could go for some good Mexican right now.

Yay for the first stranger moment ;) That must be different.

Steph said...

Super brave of you to commit to an entire room of vertical stripes! I think the hubs and I would have killed each other trying to paint that many stripes! It looks super cute though-can't wait to see it all set up!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Woohoo! I love it!!

Jen said...

Loving the nursery paint job! Those stripes look great. At least the hard work was worth it! I can't wait to see the rest of it. :-)

Unknown said...

kobe basketball shoes
nike dunks shoes
nike air zoom
adidas stan smith
michael kors outlet
longchamp
michael kors outlet
lacoste polo
nike polo
true religion outlet
20170706