Tuesday, August 16, 2011

From the desk of James David EyeCanSee

Hello all!
Jamie here for my monthly post!  Though mama says now that I'm a year old, she may not be doing these every month anymore.  Hmph.  No body asked me, so we'll just see about that!
I think she's just wussing out on trying to take my picture every month.  Apparently she doesn't like a challenge!
I had my big one year checkup yesterday!
Passed with flying colors!
I weighed in at 20.8 pounds (20%) and measured 31 inches tall (90%)!
Mama was surprised I didn't weigh more....she says I'm starting to get pretty heavy to carry around!
Shirt by Fly Duds
 I'm wearing a mix of everything these days.  12 mos.  18 mos.  My Birthday shirt was a 2T!  Though they did run 2 sizes small, so mama says it doesn't really count.  I think she's just trying to keep me a baby forever!  My diapers keep changing between the middle and the largest setting.  Mom just can't quite decide if I need to size up or not, seems I'm kind of in between right now.  One things for sure though is I've moved up in the ranks of shoes!  For 6 months I'd been a 3.  Or so mama thought.  Little did she know I'm really a 4.5 so the lady at the shoe store recommended buying size 5's.  Oops.  At least most of my summer shoes were sandals, so it's not like my toes were squished.  For that matter, they weren't even hanging over the edge so how was she supposed to know they were technically too small!
  This month was a big one at daycare.  I have officially moved from the Infant room to Toddler 1.  I'm so glad to be back with all my friends who'd graduated months before me!  No offense to the babies, but they're pretty boring for a busy guy like me!!  We do so much fun stuff in the big kid room!  We play outside and go out to the garden.  Friday is water day and I get to bring my swimsuit! I also made my very first finger painting for mom and dad!  It's pretty abstract, mama says I could be the next Picasso!  One of the biggest changes is we only take 1 nap a day and we sleep on a cots!  And even though mama can't believe it, my teacher says I do great and sleep like a champ!  She said not to be getting any ideas for at home though, that I may be sleeping in my crib until high school! 
 I'm still a pretty good eater which makes mama happy.  Waffles and watermelon are definitely two of my favorites!  Haven't really found any new foods I don't like, though some days, things I used to like get thrown on the floor.  Mommy doesn't really like this habit and she's trying really hard to break it.  Now that I've discovered all those things I throw get eaten by the dogs however, it's really a lost cause on her part.  Watching them scarf up my delicious peaches is WAY more fun than eating them myself.  Maybe one day she'll think it's as funny as I do.
 Now that I'm a big boy mama has put all my bottles away.  I'm officially off formula and 100% on milk.  I took it WAY better than mom expected.  In fact I pretty much kicked the bottle all on my own.  The pacifier however is another story.  I only use it a nap and nighttime....and sometimes in the car or when I decide to test my vocal skills in public.  Truth be told, mama is more afraid to give it up than I am....so she said we'll probably keep it around for a little bit longer.  For her sanity.
As you all heard, I took my first steps last week!  On my birthday no less.  I'm getting a little bit better at it everyday, but still prefer crawling as my main mode of transportation.  Mom guesses I'll be walking more full time in the next month or so.  First I have to figure out this standing up on my own business.  I'm still talking up a storm, and have added the words "no" and "ok" to the mix.  Other than that, most of it is still gibberish.  Well, to everyone else at least.  I seem to be the only one who knows what I'm saying which is a shame, cause I'm funny and crack myself up on a daily basis.  I'm still putting up a stink with diaper changes.  (pun intended)  Mom has figured out if she sings, I'll usually quiet down just long enough for her to wrestle a diaper on.  She has quite the variety of songs....and every time she finishes one I clap.  She's pretty flattered by this considering her high school music teacher told her she was tone deaf.  Said I'm probably the only person who applauds her singing.  She also said if I don't know the ABC's by the time I'm 2 she'll be amazed since that seems to be the one I love the most!

Well folks, that's about it!  Hope to see you all again sooner than later!
Peace out!

14 comments:

Brown Girl said...

happy birthday Jamie!! You are getting so tall, maybe you'll play football one day and make mama and daddy lots of money? ;)

the workaholic momma said...

oh my goodness - he looks SO big!!!! I'm with Jamie...I LOVE the monthly updates and hope they don't stop (but trust me - I totally understand if they do;))!! We fight the diaper change in my house too - such a struggle!!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

This is such a cute little letter. Diaper changes are so not fun these days! Sounds like they do lots of fun things in daycare. Sometimes I wonder if E is missing out!

Molly B said...

Oh my goodness, Emily, Seriously so cute- those pictures are PRICELESS!!! They turned out so great...I love that little kid- I knew he was super tall for his age....my gosh, so darling!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the first birthday photos! Such a little man now :)

Unknown said...

Such a big boy Jamie! You are one handsome young man in your pictures!
Momma is doing a great job!
Thanks for your update - I hope Momma lets you do a monthly update still. ;)

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Haha Jamie is always so charming and comical =)

Ashley said...

Every time I read these, I hear a cute little boy voice, haha! I can't get over how big he look in those pictures! Maybe he and Cooper have been talking because Coop LOVES to throw all of his food to the dogs.

AndreaLeigh said...

what a precious boy he is! don't they grow up so fast? happy first year! you survived!

Tiffany said...

Love the pics!!

And, thanks for the shirt rec... I ordered N one for his birthday party :)

Gwen said...

I still can't believe you are already a year old Jamie!!! Aunt Gwen sends you hugs!!! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a doll! I love a blue eyed babe!

Unknown said...

oh. my. GOODNESS!!!!! I can't believe how big he is.