Friday, August 12, 2011

The party don't start till I walk in.....

Birthday week is finally coming to an end!
And what better way to finish it off than with Jamie's 1st Bday Bash!
If you missed the invite last Saturday, the official theme was
"Guess Whooooo's Turning One!"
The house was decked out with lots of blue, green, brown & owls galore!
 
All paper products courtesy of Toadally Cute
 The man of the hour.
(Doesn't he look THRILLED to be turning 1??  Oh the joys of photographing a BUSY toddler!)
Owl Shirt from WeChooseJoy

MENU
BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken
Baked Beans
Cheesy Corn
Coleslaw
Watermelon
and...
CUPCAKES!!

White Peach Sangria and Cranberry Lemonade to quench your thirst
(Both were new recipes and absolutely to die for.  The Sangria will be a staple at all our summer parties from here on out!!)

The infamous hat!  And matching bib.
From Sunshine Daydream
 Whoooo's ready for some cake??
This guy! 
(Note the matching diaper....you didn't think this cloth addict would miss an opportunity to buy new fluff did you??  LOL.  Truth be told, the diaper came first and kind of inspired the whole theme!)

 





 Notice the hat....propped precariously on the back of his chair?  Yeah, that's about as close to his head as we could get it.  I can't say I'm surprised.....

The EyeCanSee's
Look at us!  We survived an entire year of parenting and we're still smiling!
Too bad we can't say the same for our kid....oh well....2 outta 3 ain't bad!

Whew!  This turning one business is tough work!  Let me take a load off on my sweet new chair!

Thanks for coming!
Happy Friday friends!


19 comments:

Molly B said...

Emily- you did such a great job planning- you didn't miss a beat! I am going to have to look at some of the websites for the boys- we have decided that we are doing a pizza party since their b-day is on a Saturday might as well do it up right- not at our house! Well it looks like it was a really fun time! Good job momma! :)

Ashley said...

SUCH a cute party!! I love his shirt, and I'm so glad you got the bday hat!! What a relief!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

You did a beautiful job :) I love owls, as you know. So this was super duper cute. I think Sunshine Daydream did Eme's hat...wait, you might have heard about them from me? Anyway--she did FABULOUS on his!! So awesome!

I think it's time for a new blog facelift now that you've got some great pictures ;) hehe

Shannon said...

So cute! Looks like a fantastic party.

Unknown said...

Great party mama!

Lindsey said...

So cute! Great job mom and dad. I am sure him and C would be fast friends ;)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute party! I like his little owl shirt.

ALin said...

What a cute party! You are so crafty :)

dave and jenn said...

It all turned out so cute! And that white peach sangria sounds amazing.

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Everything looks like it was perfect! Can you send me a glass of that sangria. MMM. I could use one right now for sure!

Katie said...

Aww it turned out so great!! Hope to get those new recipes!

Elaine said...

great job on the decor! really cute!

Jordan said...

You did such a great job with the party! So adorable! Matt even read the thank you card.. "no, it says look "hoo"'s turning one" with his best owl noise :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So so so cute! Everything turned out so well! Great job!

Jax said...

You are such an adorable fam! I love all these photos so much! The owl theme is fantastic! I have a thing for owls...It's kinda ridiculous really. Happy Birthday again to a boy who looks like he had a pretty cool party!

Katie said...

What an adorable party! Everything looked so cute! You did a great job, mama!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like his first Birthday was a success!!!!

Allie said...

I love the theme and party stuff! You did an amazing job! Your little man is adorable!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Such an adorable theme. That bunting is fabulous! And I have that dress!