Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The biggest New Year's Eve Party we'll probably ever throw

I'm back for part 2 of wedding extravaganza!!
Thank you so much for your fabulous comments, way to make a girl feel like rockstar!!
Our Wedding day was one of the best days of our life and we often laugh and say we wish we could do it all over again!  My dad however said the next time we have to foot the bill....soooooo I wouldn't hold your breath on another big bash anytime soon!

Music
Our ceremony music was pretty traditional.  Bridesmaids came in to Canon in D, me Trumpet Voluntary.  We had an organist, so it sounded amazing in the church.  For our first dance we had a hard time.  I think it changed 3 or 4 times.  I didn't want something cliche. I didn't want something super slow and sappy.  My husband actually suggested "Love you till the End" by the Pogues.  It's from the movie "PS I love you" which is one of our favorites.  Plus I have a thing for Irish rock music, so this fit the bill perfectly!

Newlyweds
Mr & Mrs EyeCanSee!!

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Old: The rosary my Grandma gave me was in my bouquet  
New: Dress
Borrowed: Mom's diamond earrings
Blue: Blue topaz ring which was a gift from both my grandma's

Photography
Adam was an old friend of my husband's, so when it came time to choose it was kind of a no brainer.  Plus he does amazing work!  Since the day is gone within the blink of an eye it was important to us to have a wonderful photographer to catch all those little moments.  We couldn't be happier with our pictures.

Question Popping
The hubs had planned to do it in the park across the street, but we had a horrible snow storm the day before so he had to have a quick change of plans.  He ended up asking me in our condo, before we left for dinner, while I was getting ready.....in the bathroom.  Romantic huh?  Haha.  I still give him crap for it.  But honestly?  He could have asked me in a garbage dump and I wouldn't have cared.  And he did make up for it by surprising me once we got the restaurant and I saw our families there to help celebrate!   

Rings
Hers says "The Juice is"
His says "Worth the Squeeze"

Shoes
I don't wear heels.  Like ever.  So it only made sense to wear flats on my wedding day.  I found some simple ballet slippers with a little bling which were perfect and super comfy.  To spice them up a bit, I dyed them red.  I love seeing them peek through in pictures!

Tuxes
In case you hadn't noticed yet, our official colors were Chocolate Brown, Ivory and red.  So for the guys we picked out a pinstriped brown tux.  In 30 years am I going to look back and laugh and wonder "what were you thinking?!?" a la the powdered blue tux of the 70s?  Maybe, but we loved them and I think the hubs looked pretty dashing.

Unique
Well for one, we got married on New Year's Eve.  We think that's pretty unique.

We also did a photo booth, which while popular now, ours was the first wedding I had ever been to with one.  Every had a blast with it!
And finally, my vintage white Rolls Royce.  I was slightly obsessed with having it.  If we had snow or ice they wouldn't have been able to take it out, so I was praying for good weather.  We lucked out with a gorgeous cold, but sunny and snow free day!!  Plus we later found out it was the car used in The Godfather.  How awesome it that?!

Vows
We went with the traditional vows.  No way would either one of us had made it though if we'd had to write out own.

WeddingWoes
Honestly.  Not one. We lucked out with a pretty perfect day!  Either that or everyone did a REALLY good job of hiding it from me!

X-Rated
The stereotypical removal of the garter.  That's about as X-rated as we'll be getting here on the blog.

You may now kiss the bride
The hubs isn't big for PDA so I'd been teasing him that he better not just kiss me on the cheek!  He went for the classic hands on the face kiss.

Zzzzzz.....The End

Thanks for letting me share our fabulous day with all of you!!!  Did you miss A-L?  Check it out here!
Several of you said you were going to do an A-Z post too, can't wait to see them!!  If you need more inspiration I got the idea from Chic & Pink who snagged it from My Perfect Compliation Tape who borrowed it from.....well you get the idea.  Seems to be making it's way through the blogosphere!
Happy Tuesday Friends!

16 comments:

KatiePerk said...

You had the best wedding hair! And those shoes were so pretty and dainty!

Unknown said...

Working on my part 2 this weekend!! ;O)

Molly B said...

Love it Emily- that is just great...Steve wore brown tux as well, I loved them...you look really pretty in these pictures- so what is this year number 3???

ae said...

PS I Love You is one of my favorite movies! I have really enjoyed reading about your special day!

Meghan said...

Your wedding day was so beautiful! I adore your dress and shoes! And your rings! So gorgeous!

Elaine said...

Your reception ballroom was absolutely stunning! :)

ALin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!
You had a beautiful wedding!

Katie said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I wanted a photo booth so bad, but unfortunately, it was one of the first things to go on our budget! That is one amazing car!

Jax said...

Beeeeautiful! And love that it was the car used in the Godfather! ha! Awesome! Your little red flats are so pretty! I love the gorgeous and fabulous little touches you guys did to make it YOURS... :)

Gina said...

Love the brown tuxes and the red shoes. And that blue ring...good job grandmas!

Jordan said...

I love your wedding! I only wish we had all been friends back then! Love your ring pictures with the candy- very cute! I also love the engraving in your ring- how creative!

bananas. said...

your blue topaz ring is GORGEOUS!!! oh my gosh i love the idea of your wedding. never been to a nye wedding...very clever of you guys.

Ashley said...

Wow! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous!

Jamie said...

You looked amazing! So glad there were no wedding woes! :o)

I did the same thing with the rosary in the bouquet but that was by blue - it had a blue miraculous medal. :o)

I also hate heels and wore ballet slippers! You had the great idea of getting red ones though... awesome!!

http://www.forloveofcupcakes.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that song from PS I love you!! Great choice! I love the red shoes!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I just love this post, what a fabulous day!! You look so so lovely and I love that the blue ring was your "something blue!" Its such a beautiful ring and such a cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!