Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On the night you were born

On the night you were born,
The moon smiled with such wonder
That the stars peeked in to see you
And the night wind whispered,
“Life will never be the same.”
~Nancy Tillman

Dear Jamie,

365 days ago you made me a mom.  You made us a family.
Since the moment I heard your first little cry and laid eyes on your sweet little face, life has truly never been the same.  You've changed me in ways you'll never know.  You've taught me more in one year than in all of my first 29 combined.  You've made me a stronger person.  Everyday you amaze me.  Everyday you make me laugh.  Everyday you challenge me in ways I didn't think were possible.  On even my darkest days, you helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.  You've opened my eyes to a love I never even knew existed.  A mother's love.  And it's amazing.  Just when I think it isn't possible....that my heart is already bursting...you find a way to make me love you even more.  I enjoy watching you learn and explore the world around you.  You're such a busy, independent little boy...but it melts my heart how sometimes, right before bed you'll still let me snuggle, even if for only a moment.  I still tip toe into your room every single night, just to watch you sleep.  Maybe when you're 16, I'll stop.  Maybe.  I'm so grateful to be your mom.  I think God knew what He was doing the day he sent you to me, because together we make a pretty good team.  I can't wait to see what the future brings for you Mr. Boo, cause I know you're going to do great things!

James David EyeCanSee ~ 8.9.10 ~ 5:50pm
Happy 1st Birthday Jamie!
XOXO,
Mama

23 comments:

Annsterw said...

Happy first birthday to James David - and many more!!!!
SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO Cute!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Happy birthday sweet jamie! (and mommy!--its a big day for you, too!)

Anonymous said...

Awwww, happy birthday sweet Jamie!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Jamie!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy First Birthday Jamie!!!

Molly B said...

Happy birthday sweet boy! Great posting Emily- love the Ohio State hat BTW!

Shannon said...

Happy First Birthday little man!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to Jamie!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday sweet boy.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!! :O) I hope you and your mommy have a great day today!!

Brown Girl said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!

Lindsey said...

Happy 1st birthday sweet Jamie!!

ae said...

Happy 1st Birthday Jamie!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to your little man!!!

Tiffany said...

Happy birthday little man!! Crazy how fast a year goes :(

Stephanie said...

So sweet... Happy Birthday to your baby and happy birth day to you mama!

sprinkles said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie!

Today is my brother's birthday too!

Annie said...

happy, happy birthday to your sweet boy.
i know this was a hard day for you hun, for more than one reason. i've been thinking of you.
love your blog, you and your precious little jamie!

dave and jenn said...

Happy birthday, sweet Jamie!

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie! Sweet letter, momma!

Katie said...

Aww Happy Birthday!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to Jamie. Love these photos.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Happy happy 1st birthday to your sweet boy!!