Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's Ok.....


Its Ok Thursdays

I'm linking up with Amber and Neely today for "It's OK Thursday!"
Head on over if you want to play along!

It's OK.....

To get excited when an old N'Sync song comes on the radio

To simultaneously love and hate my commute.  Sitting in traffic everyday is the pits, but it's the only time I have to myself during the day so I've learned to enjoy tolerate it

To enjoy being a working mom.  Guilt free.  (most of the time)  I love my son, but I also love my job.  I'm glad I get to do both.

That last week I had SIX posts related to Jamie's 1st Birthday.  It only happens once right?

That despite my occasional moments of baby fever, we aren't quite ready for #2.  So stop asking.

That last week we ate leftover BBQ from Jamie's party every.single.night.

That my son doesn't even sit in the front seat yet, but I consistently use my "mom arm" when I stop too fast.  You know, to save my purse.

That some days, I miss living in Ohio.

That I don't really get Pinterest.

That I went to the grocery store because "we didn't have any food" only to come home and make myself a grilled cheese for dinner using ingredients we already had.

To wish there were more hours in the day.

To be glad Fall is around the corner.

To procrastinate.  As long as it gets done on time, who cares how far in advance you did it.

What are you OK with today?
Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Molly B said...

I like this idea...keep it up darling! Also, I have no clue what Pinterest is either....somehow don't really care I guess...I just love that pic of Jamie in the chair....so cute!

Katie said...

I've done the "mom arm" on my husband before. You bet he loved that ;)

I also consistently say "we don't have any food" but then use stuff we already had for dinner. I guess I feel better with more options? Like I feel good knowing that if I want to make a good meal I can...but usually end up with mac&cheese.

Lindsey said...

I've learned to love/hate my commute too!

Lucky in Love said...

I miss you living in Ohio too. Even though I didn't know you then. But still :)

Nikki said...

I'm with Lucky...we miss you in Ohio.

I've totally done the grocery store thing. But wuth me I usually go to the store because we have no food and then we get fast food on the way home.

Kristen said...

seriously I feel like fall can't get here soon enough, but then once it gets here I'll wish it was spring.... just hard to please I guess! :) And seriously, 24hrs isn't anywhere near enough.... I need maybe 30? Glad you enjoy working and being a mommy, I've been a stay-at-home-mom/student for the last 2 1/2 years. For the past 6 months I've been working... as a nurse, which means only 3 days a week, seriously only 3, yet I'm still crying on the way to work and absolutely hating having a job... :(

ALin said...

I love all of these - I also have bouts of baby fever but I really don't need the teachers at daycare to start hounding me for number 2!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

When old school songs like that come on the radio, I totally jam to them!