Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind



I mentioned in passing that Jamie took his 1st steps on Friday.
I failed to mention it happened at daycare.
Every working mom's worst nightmare.
All weekend we tried to get him to take these supposed steps, but we got nothing.
Nada.
Not a thing.
So I decided, if mama didn't see it....it didn't happen!
Well yesterday, on the evening of his 1st Birthday, he did it.
He WALKED!
Not just a a step or two, but actually walked.
Across the living room.
Down the hall.
Actual steps, albeit a little drunk monkey looking, but hey, I'll take it!
What a perfect ending to a perfect day!
Here's the little bit I could catch on camera!
(Sorry it's sideways, mom fail)


My little man is growing up....somebody pass the wine!

18 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yeah! Go Jamie, go!

Nolan took steps a few weeks ago.. but hasn't even come CLOSE to full fledged walking. He'll take a couple steps a day, and that's it. Lol.

Lacey said...

That's so awesome. We call Bo our little drunken monkey too! It's amazing how fast it all happens isn't it? Congrats!!

Shannon said...

That's awesome!!!! Let the baby proofing commence! haha.

Gwen said...

YAY!!! So proud of the little man! Ellie is with me at work today and she says she can't wait to see him walk. :)

jdavissquared said...

Oh, how exciting! What a little doll!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

YAY!!!! Go Jamie go!!!!

Trey started walking Monday night - JD and I teared up so bad!! What happened to our little sweet and squishy babies?!?!?

How was his party?!?!
Did his hat ever show up?!

Unknown said...

What perfect birthday present for you guys!! lol ;)
Funny that you said drunk monkey - we keep calling Jude drunk baby walking! It is so funny and adorable! Way to go Jamie!!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Yay for first steps!!! Happy 1st birthday to your little guy!!!

Unknown said...

OMG I hate that! When they do there firsts at day care and I miss them. Makes me so sad and then I go into "I wanna be a stay at home mom" phase. I hate missing those things. SO sorry to hear that mama.

But at least he actually walked on his 1st bday and you got to see it! YAY! How exciting!

Nikki said...

Hooray! He is so cute bobbiling along like that.

ae said...

Exciting!!

Jillian said...

I am so glad you got it on tape:)

the workaholic momma said...

YAY!!! How exciting....and perfect timing!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

What a big boy!!!! So exciting!

Molly B said...

SO CUTE~! My gosh what a big boy- he is just adorable....

Kristen said...

uh oh you're in trouble now! :)
He looks so proud of himself!!!! Way to Go Jamie!

Katie said...

Oh no, that would be my nightmare too! Haha, but at least you caught the walking instead of the first step =)

Jordan said...

Yay! Jamie! So exciting! Looks like a whole new world of busy-ness for you! And the first birthday pictures are SO stinkin' cute! Love them!