Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Good Morning!!! This week Tasty Tuesday is brought to you by Cooking Light. (Check it out, they usually have free 2 month trial!!) This is one of my favorite magazines. Every month I read it 2-3 times cause there always seems to be things I miss. In honor of summer, I have a another salad to try. It's perfect for cookouts!

Pita Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber and Herbs
Yield: 8 servings (servings size: 1 1/4 cup)
Calories 183; Fat 10g

3 (&-inch) pitas
4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
2 c diced English cucumber
2 c halved cherry tomatoes
2/3 c crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c finely chopped red onion
1/2 c chopped fresh mint
1/4 c thinly sliced green onion
1/4 finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
6 T fresh lemon juice
1 t sugar
1 t pepper
1/2 salt
1/4 c EVOO

1. Preheat oven to 375

2. Arrange pita on a baking sheet, bake at 375 for 14 minutes or until dry and crisp, turning after 7 minutes. Set aside; cool.

3. Combine lettuce and next 7 ingredients (thru parsley) in a large bowl. Break pitas into bite sized pieces. Add pitas to salad; toss gently to combine.

4. Combine juice, sugar, pepper and salt in a bowl. Gradually add oil stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes; serve at room temp.


BON APPETITE!

12 comments:

Hailey HRH said...

sounds yummy! thanks for sharing.

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Salads are the best dinner in the summertime when it's too hot and sticky for anything else! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

Nikki said...

I like this recipe. I will have to try it this week for lunch!

Ashley said...

Sounds delicious! :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

Ohhh perfect for summer!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That sounds so delicious!!

Lyryn said...

Oh my word… that looks heavenly! I have got to make that one! Thanks!

Lindsey said...

This looks so good, yummy!!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Yum, Yum, Yum!! That looks sooo amazing!! I need to start writing all of these down... but I always know where to go for a good recipe!

Jules said...

Any salad that includes a carb like pita bread is a winner in my book!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm gonna have to try this! It looks yummy!

Thanks for coming across my blog! I love that coach bag by the way! I'm asking for a new one come December.

Unknown said...

nike roshe uk
true religion
nike football boots
yeezy boost
nike zoom
longchamp le pliage
michael kors purses
yeezy shoes
Kanye West shoes
michael kors factory outlet
20170706