Friday, March 12, 2010

Bump Day - 19 Weeks


How far along? 19 weeks (oops, I skipped 18 when we were out of town. Oh well, believe me there weren't any drastic changes)

Total weight gain/loss: Surprise!! I've been the same for two weeks now. Overall still down 2 pounds. I will be amazed to make it to the halfway point without any weight gain.

Maternity Clothes? My maternity scrubs are like heaven! My regular bras however...yikes. I think I finally have to get a few new ones. Apparently I had another growth spurt, if that's even possible at this point, and now have the dreaded 4 boob syndrome where the extra is spilling over and the sides cut in so bad I have permanent marks when I take it off. Awesome.

Sleep: I can actually stay awake until 10 sometimes later...who knew this would be an accomplishment.

Stretch marks: Nope...other then the indentations from my too tight bra, I've got no new battle wounds.

Best moment this week: I swear I felt actual kicks...not just flutters and fish bowl swimming. And since I skipped last weeks post I have to also include our trip to Buy Buy Baby while we were in Columbus over the weekend. I've never seen two grown adults get as excited over a stroller as me and my husband did. You'd think we were car shopping!! But let's be honest, who wouldn't be stoked to be pushing this sweet ride!

Movement: Some, but surprisingly it's been less lately....which doesn't exactly calm my nerves. The other night I actually shook my belly a bit and said "Hellooo baby are you still in there??" I told my hubby I might break down and buy one of those at home Dopplers to hear the heartbeat so I don't give our baby brain damage in the womb from all the shaking and poking!

Food cravings: My dad got me hooked on apples with cheese...it's now my morning snack everyday. I've also been eating a lot more junk, not really craving it, I've just had it available and can't resist.

Gender: No clue. Still leaning a bit more towards boy but I won't be surprised if it's a girl at this point. Less than two weeks till we know for sure

Labor Signs: Nada.

Belly Button in or out? In. Though the bulge is creeping up on it.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night with no potty breaks!

What I'm looking forward to: Finally telling my job I'm pregnant. I'm not actually looking forward to the telling part, more the relief I will feel when it's over! (10 bucks says next week I still won't have said anything!!)

Weekly Wisdom: Don't skimp and buy off brand cheese. It's rubbery and kind of gross and will make you gag ultimately ruining the best part of your day.....snack time!

Milestones: I booked a baby photographer and I have a small crush on her. We talked on the phone for almost 30 minutes when I called to get more information...she's awesome. And her photos...uh-mazing! I probably shouldn't have splurged, ya know with the house buying and the saving for maternity leave....but I had a weak moment. I went with the whole first year package which gets us a newborn sessions plus two additional at our choosing, probably 6 mos and 1 year. I can't wait to see how they turn out! It won't let me copy any of her photos...but here's a link to her blog if you want to check it out!



19 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Fun, I'm glad you booked the baby photographer for my own selfish reasons! Ha! And love the babies new whip, going to be ridin in style!

Have a great weekend.

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see the awesome baby pics you will have.

I am curious...why haven't you told your job yet?

ae said...

the pics on your photographer's blog were AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

Happy BUMP day! Can't wait to find out what you're having.

We're getting the city mini double stroller and I'm pee-my-pants excited about it, so I understand.

And I LOVE that photographer. You'll have gorgeous photos! Our maternity photos are next week and I'm stoked!

Annie said...

sounds like everything is going so well hun!! :)
you look great!
i'm looking forward to finding out what your little one is and some day see the photos your wonderful photog is going to take!!
everything is so exciting hun!
i'd totally be excited over a stroller as well ;)

have a great weekend!

Hilary said...

Wow! I can't believe you've made it this far without telling your work!! Of course, I work for my parents, so I couldn't get away with that one, but at my last job, one of my co-workers had to tell everyone because of the physical strain we had to deal with the second she found out. And of course, NO ONE can keep their mouth shut, so the whole town knew within a week.

Good luck when you tell them!

Unknown said...

First and foremost, we are both having girls, if it means a sex change at a later date :) Just kidding. I love the photographer you picked. A friend of mine had her little girlie's pic's taken from a lady in Blair, NE that does very similar shots. Very cute! I like some of the mommy to be shots, too! I am asking my friend, Cat to help us with our little turdle's photos.

By the way, fun blog! I will be able to keep tabs on you on a more regular basis now :) Keep me up to date on shower dates, cuz I may take advantage of you and Adam being in town and making my friends shower in the same weekend, so you and even your parents can come (we are thinking of a "couple's BBQ shower"), if it's not too much for you in one weekend.

Anyhoo, love you and ttyl
Caro

Jen said...

I don't think you'll regret booking the photographer. Like your wedding, you first child's development is something you don't want to miss preserving!

bananas. said...

Apples and cheese. Yum! Have you tried starbucks cheese tray. It includes, yup you guessed it, apples and cheese!!!

Happy friday!

Kristin said...

Mmm ::ponders apples with cheese:: What kind of cheese do you use?

Brittany said...

Your weekly wisdom definitely made me laugh out loud!!

Nikki said...

I wouldn't worry about not feeling as much movement. The baby is still small enough at this point that it may have moved to a place where you just can't feel it as much. Happened to me too.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I'm waiting to see a belly... :) I still don't see one!

Oh, and I didnt gain any weight until 24 weeks, so its totally possible. I gained 4lbs at my 24 week appt, and then 7lbs at my 28 week...(yikes). But overall, still at 16lbs.

Just eat when you're hungry :)

Brittany Ann said...

I cannot wait to see those photos!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's a styling stroller!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am loving the picture progression!!! How fabulous!

Unknown said...

OMG your baby photographer is amazing!!! I am now inspired to find someone hopefully as good as yours...You must post those pics once you get them back.

d.a.r. said...

Okay, so when I finally get pregnant I am totally coming to KC to get baby pics taken!! She looks fabulous!!!

Jules said...

That is amazing that you’re still down in weight at this point of the pregnancy. Hopefully this is a good sign that you won’t gain much at all. The bra situation sounds painful, but some new one’s should fix that right up!

It must be so exciting to feel more swimming and kicking. I like the stroller you guys picked out!

Booking the baby photographer is so exciting and the photos that come from it you’ll have for a lifetime. I think it’s a good investment. I just checked out her blog and her work is amazing. I’m kind of in love with the baby on the scale pics and there is one little girl in this bright dress with the cutest smile and blue eyes.