Friday, March 26, 2010

Bump Day -- 21 Weeks

How far along? 21 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds up. Sigh. I guess pregnancy finally caught up with me. I gained 5 more pounds this week. I'm kind of baffled, since I haven't changed my habits....how exactly does one gain 10 pounds in two weeks?? Looks like I have some walking in my future....and a few less trips to the kitchen.

Maternity Clothes? Yes. They're still a little baggy, but even my last pair of non maternity scrub pants I'd been wearing has officially been retired.

Sleep: Better this week.

Stretch marks: Nada

Best moment this week: Seeing our little man on screen again, knowing he's healthy and right on track!!

Movement: Some days a lot, other days not so much. The hubs claims he felt a kick the other night....but I think he was crazy. I haven't even felt an outside kick yet, and the baby wasn't moving when he says he felt it. Oh well. I didn't want to dash his hopes and dreams.

Food cravings: Not much this week...but my sweet tooth is definitely back in full force and probably has a lot to do with those pesky 8 pounds.

Gender: BOY!

Labor Signs: Nada.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Beer. Last Friday was the first time I was bummed I couldn't enjoy a cold, frothy, adult beverage. With spring on the horizon and more time spent outside....I see a lot more bummed moments in my future.

What I'm looking forward to: Registering this weekend!! The amount of crap the modern day baby needs is insane!

Weekly Wisdom: When you gain 5 pounds, two weeks in a row, and your husband tells you to work out more...refrain from punching him in the man business. Even if that's what you really want to do.

Milestones: We bought our crib mattress and car seat this week. Babies R Us was having a one day sale and we saved 20% on both! I'd never been so excited by a coupon in my life! I can't WAIT to move next month and start setting up the nursery!



17 comments:

Jax said...

You look great!!! I cannot WAIT to see the nursery as it starts coming along! :) My friend gained 10lbs in 2 weeks, too. She stepped on the scale and screamed a little.. haha..

Stephanie said...

You look so good!! Glad your sleep is getting better too:)

Jessica Hilton said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see what the nursery looks like :) stay strong against those tempting beverages, it will be worth it in the end!

Lindsey said...

You look fabulous, as always! Have fun registering this weekend friend!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

You look so great! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Woohoo for no stretch marks! Looking great!

Jules said...

I’m glad you’re doing well and I think you look great. That is also good that you’re sleeping better. Have fun registering this weekend! There are so many cute things out there.

ae said...

Have fun registering! There are a ton of super cute things out there!

Unknown said...

Looking fabulous my dear! Boys are the best aren't they?

Brittany said...

It definitely does not look like you've gained weight, just the little baby bump up front. I can't believe your hubs said that. I would have wanted to punch him too!

Jen said...

Oh don't worry about the weight! You need to gain weight to keep that lil man healthy and growing! You look wonderful.

Julie Dunlap said...

Too much fun!!! And I agree about the baby weight. You're more than halfway through and you're only up 8 pounds. You've got plenty-o-more pounds to gain before anyone is going to question you! In the meantime, enjoy a Kaliber (Guiness's non-alcoholic beer) or a St. Paulie NA and bring on the nachos!!

Brown Girl said...

He told you to work out more?! Like for serious?! Maybe I need to kick him in the nuts...hell maybe we all do. I would have said "I am growing your child in my stomach and birthing him from my yoohoo" Nuff said.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

hah -- Brown Girl said it well!

Iva Messy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;)

Gwen said...

First off I am so mad at my reader!!! I didn't even see your boy post. CONGRATS my friend!!! I can't wait to meet him!!! Second you are so cute!!! We need to have lunch soon. :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.