Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday -- Crockpot Edition

So lately my crockpot has seen more action than I have.
I blame pregnancy....on both.

But seriously....who doesn't love dumping a whole bunch of crap into a pot before work only to be greeted by a homecooked meal when you walk in the door?

Here's a few of my faves...some old some new. Enjoy!!


Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 TB butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I used 1 cream of chick/1 cream of celery)
1 can chicken broth
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 12 oz tube refrigerated biscuit dough torn into pieces
2 cans peas/carrots drained (optional)
(I also added a few generous shakes of salt and pepper)
Place chicken, butter, soup, chicken broth, veggies and onion in crockpot. Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours. About 60-90 minutes before serving shred the chicken and place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until dough is no longer raw in center. (I kept the cooker on low until I added the dough, then switched to high for the last hour)


Black Bean Chicken
(This one I can't take full credit for...I borrowed if from Ms. D.A.R)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 cups salsa
4 oz cream cheese
Throw salsa, beans, corn, and chicken into crockpot for 6-8 hours on low. Shred chicken. Add cream cheese till melted - stir everything together - serve over rice or with tortillas.


BBQ Pork
Pork Tenderloin
Bottle BBQ sauce
Place pork in crockpot, cover with BBQ sauce. Cook all day. Shred meat. Eat.
Could it GET any easier than that??


Bon Appetite!!

10 comments:

bananas. said...

This is great!!! The boy loves crockpot recipes so i will be sure to pass these along.

Jules said...

Both of those chicken recipes sound absolutely delicious! I love chicken and dumplings, so I definitely need to try that. Thanks for posting!

KatiePerk said...

You are too funny! I have a crush on my crockpot. It is so efficient!

Kristen said...

Yumm..that chicken and dumplings recipe has my mouth watering!

Jen said...

How did you know my boyfriend requested chicken and dumplings? LOL... Going to have to try this sans Crockpot though because I don't have one yet.

Melissa said...

I love my Crockpot! I might have to try some of these recipes!

Lindsey said...

I LOVE cooking with a crock pot!!!! That recipe sounds so good, thanks for sharing it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love using the crockpot and finding new recipe's for it!

Brittany said...

YUM! I really think I could make these!

Annie said...

i need to make the chicken and dumplings, it sounds so yummy and easy yet i've never had it!
thanks for sharing sweets :)