Friday, August 6, 2010

Bump Day -- 40 Weeks -- The Final Edition!



The hubs made me laugh right as I snapped this picture...hence the blurry-ness. Oh well. You really don't want to see a full term pregnant woman in high definition. Believe me. But just for fun...and really my own remembrance I also took a bare (AH!) belly shot for the first and last time. Woah mama!

How far along? 40 weeks. Full term. Done. Finite. The bun is baked.

Weight gain/loss: Does it really matter at this point? But get this. When filling out all the hospital pre-registration forms it was brought to my attention that the mother's final birth weight goes on the birth certificate. Now I'm guessing (hoping) not the actual certificate itself, just in the eternal record books....but still. No body needs to know that!

Maternity Clothes? Some days I wonder if I'll ever fit into regular clothes again.

Sleep: No complaints there. Though my most comfortable position seems to be the baby's least favorite position cause every single time I settle in and get comfy he starts kicking, moving, squirming...pretty much anything he can to get me to roll over. What a stinker.

Stretch marks: Sadly yes. A few. But it's not too bad. I'm nervous for what may pop up AFTER delivery. Some women say they actually get worse. Lovely.

Best moment this week: Knowing I'm almost done!! And today is my last day at work!! You know the last time I had 6 weeks off with no work and no school?? I was 14.

Movement: It's really slowed down in the last day or two but he still manages to do a little kung fu action at night. I keep telling him there's way more room out here in the outside world, but apparently he enjoys the challenge.

Food cravings: Homemade mashed potatoes. I made enough to feed a small army and they were delicious!

Gender: Team Blue!

Labor Signs: Nada. My appointment on Wednesday confirmed I'd still made no progress. I did have 4 contractions this morning between 4:30 and 5:30 and got super excited. But that was it. So here I sit... at work....not in labor.

Belly Button in or out? In. But since he has actually dropped some this week it did manage to get a little flatter which I didn't think was possible.

What I Miss: Not being pregnant. It's been a great ride...but I'm ready to get off now.

What I'm looking forward to: Date night with the hubs tonight! Melting Pot here we come! YAY! It's really the only thing keeping my mind off the fact that I'm supposed to be having a baby today!

Weekly Wisdom: When someone asks you for the one millionth time that day how you're feeling or whether or not you've had that baby yet....resist the urge to punch them in the face.

Milestones: I've made it to the end. If that's not the quintessential milestone of this whole journey I don't know what is! Oh wait...maybe actually HAVING a baby!


16 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats for making it to the end!! Can't wait to see pics of him!

Kristen said...

Have fun at the Melting Pot! My hubs and I went there about a month ago it was so much fun!

Gwen said...

Awe. I can't believe it's been 40 weeks!!! You are such a trooper and you've even some how survived the mega heat wave. I can't wait to hold Jamie!!! You know...while you're on your "fall break" you can come have lunch with me at work. LOL!!! For your sake I hope you can get through dinner at the Melting Pot but that he arrives by morning. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! XOXO

Stephanie said...

You're gorgeous! Enjoy Melting Pot tonight with the hubs!! Have a great weekend and just keep remembering, if J doesn't make an appearance, what an awesome bday he's gonna have! :)

Nikki said...

Enjoy the melting pot. The last baby free dinner is the best. I went to like 7 because I was so overdue...I just kept saying "This is our last baby free dinner" I think I was jinxing myself

dave and jenn said...

Yay! The big day is almost here!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You made it! It ain't easy either. Especially to end your pregnancy in August ;)

I'll be waiting to hear that Jaime has arrived!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

YAY Ems... almost there! Enjoy your last few days until you get to meet the little one face to face. :) I cant believe it's already time. It's flown by.

Bonnie said...

Wow, I can't believe your already at 40 weeks! I have to say... I didn't see any stretch marks until after I had my baby & then they "magically" appeared. I don't mean to be a downer, but every BODY is different. That may not happen to you, but I was really sad when they all appeared. Good news... they do fade over time! I can't wait to see pics of the little man!
<3 Bon

bananas. said...

you are awesome, you know that?

i love that you're at full term right now and yet you are still going out for a date night. aw.

enjoy!

Jordan said...

Enjoy your (probably) last big date night without baby Jamie here! Melting Pot sounds AMAZING! Hopefully the good food will kick start your labor?!? Clearly, I have never had a baby (since I don't think that's how it works), but worth a shot!

Emily said...

I once heard of a women going into labor and having her baby in the bathroom of a Melting Pot. Who knows maybe it's something they serve and he'll be out tonight! ha

d.a.r. said...

Hope you guys had a great date at Melting Pot...maybe a lil' romance will encourage bebe along?!?!

C'mon Jamie!

Tiffany said...

Soooo excited for you!! It's almost time!!

Jules said...

That just isn’t right that they record the mother’s final weight. The final belly pic you took really is cute though.

Yay for a date night with your husband. The Melting Pot makes everything better!

Raylene Nicole said...

Ok.... I totally know you're so stinkin ready to get that baby out... but I'm am REALLY going to miss these weekly updates!