Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm 3 weeks old today!

(Age Blocks from BB Blocks.com)

Hi everyone! Now that I'm 3 weeks old, mommy thought it was about time I wrote my own blog post. I think she's just too tired to write it herself....which is probably my fault for being such a grumpy gus lately...so I thought I'd help her out.
I had a busy week. Grandma came in town for a few days. We all went shopping and out to lunch. I love cruising around town in my stroller and always get lots of attention when we're out. I'm a true ladies man already! But really who can blame them....I am pretty adorable! Mommy even got to go out one afternoon for a few hours and get her toes done and run a few errands without me. I think she really liked the break and I love hanging out with grandma. In fact Thursday night mom and dad went out for a date and then grandma slept over and took the graveyard shift. Mommy got like 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'd never seen her look so happy! She told me it had been months since she'd slept that long.....I told her it will probably be months before she does again. This weekend daddy went home to Ohio for his 10 year high school reunion. (Wow, dad's old!) Me and mom weren't quite ready for the trip so we stayed home alone from Friday afternoon until tonight. Mommy told me she must have been having a crazy moment before I was born to think it was a good idea to send daddy away for a whole weekend when I was this little, but I think we did ok. Plus Auntie Nikki came into town on Saturday and Sunday and we had so much fun! I was bummed she didn't bring my future wife Harper along too, but 2 babies plus 2 crazy dogs probably would have been too much! We went to the mall for lunch and shopping and Sunday we got bagels and coffee at Panera. Mom said it was just like old times hanging out and she was so glad to have the extra hands...being a single mom is tough work! Especially since I've decided I don't want to sleep for more than an hour or so at night now and I never like to be put down. Ever. I like to be held and snuggled all the time. Mommy said she wants to marry the person who invented the Moby wrap, otherwise she'd never eat or go to the bathroom.
That pretty much wraps up my third week of life. Mommy can't believe how big I am already, even though I still fit into all my newborn clothes, I fill them out pretty well now so it's only a matter of time before she has to put them away. She also told me that she's half way through her maternity leave and in 3 short weeks has to go back to work. That makes us both sad so we try not to think about it just yet. Anyways, time to go take a nap....see you all again soon! ~Jamie

15 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

love this. absolutely love this! such a handsome little man! and i'll fight ya to marry the inventor of the moby! ;) Haha!!

Kristen said...

oh my gosh that bottom picture is adorable! It's just precious, I think I say this every time you post but it's true!

Kitty and June said...

what a stinkin precious baby! you HAVE to bring him to book club!!!! :) he is getting so big with those little long legs...sweet boy!

Nikki said...

I had a blast hanging out with you guys this weekend. I can't wait to see how big he gets by Thanksgiving.

KatiePerk said...

Such a cute post! He is getting so big!!

Brittany said...

I adore that last picture!! What a cutie!

Stephanie said...

Cute Cute Cute!!!!! Love it!!! Jamie, I'm glad your momma got some time to herself and that her and daddy got a date night while you played with gma!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, this was such a cute post! He's growing so fast!

Susannah said...

So, so sweet! He is so long!! Too cute!

Tiffany said...

Love this post! He just gets cuter and cuter, if that's possible!!

Kristen said...

Such a cute post! I love that last picture with his little leg dangling over the edge! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Can you die from cuteness? Cuz I think I just did.

So cute that Jamie took the time to blog. I'll see if I can get Landon to sit down for long enough to blog. Chances are, it won't happen ;)

Jules said...

This post is so cute written from Jaime’s perspective. I’m glad he got some family time in and that you got some rest and mommy time. You are brave for doing the single mom weekend. It really does sound like you’re holding you own though and that is great!

I hope the next few weeks before work starts back up go nice and s-l-o-w.

P.S. The pic of Jaime and Moose (I think that’s Moose) is adorable.

Unknown said...

What a cute post!!!! He's quite talented at a mere 3 weeks :)

Gwen said...

Jamie ~ I'm so glad you are having such a great time with your mommy and that you love her so much. But will you please let her sleep some more. Keep growing and getting more adorable every day. Oh and tell Mommy it's time for you to come visit me. :) XOXO