Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup

Sunday morning I got this mad craving for some vegetable beef soup.
Blame it on fall, or the onset of illness that has invaded our house, but I needed some comfort food STAT!
I wanted something easy that I could throw in the crockpot and let simmer all day, so I did a quick google search and this is what I came up with.  Now if you came here looking for some homemade, all organic, I grew the vegetables in my back yard and slaughtered the free range, grass fed cow myself kinda recipe..... please leave now.  You won't find that here today.  (Or let's be honest, any day)  Because I said I wanted something QUICK and EASY.  I changed a few things based on the comments in the reviews section, so I will give it to you exactly how I made it.  A few people also mentioned they substituted frozen or fresh in lieu of canned, so if that's more your style, go for it!  I was super pleased with how this came out, it was delicious and will definitely be made again! 

Image Courtesy of Google Images. 
Mine looked like that, minus the fancy garnish and soup bowl, so let's just pretend.
 

Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
what you need:
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
1 (15.25 oz) can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 (15 oz) can green beans
1 (15 oz) can carrots with juice
1 (15 oz) can sliced potatoes with juice
1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can beef broth
1 package beef with onion soup mix
salt and pepper to taste
****I bought the no salt added/low sodium version of everything****

what you do:
Dump everything into crockpot.  Stir.  Set on low for at least 6 hours.

Makes 6 servings.  WW: 9 points+ per 2 cup serving.

Bon Appetite!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmm, that looks so good and very fitting for the cooler weather we've been having.

Anonymous said...

Can the stew meat be frozen or does it need to be thawed?

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Yum! I'm so in soup mode right now!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love that it's "Crock Pot season" now. I've been using mine a lot. This looks delish.