Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday

My 31 days of giving thanks continues!
 
This week has been crazy.  Crazy at work.  A few little stresses at home.  I'm still trying to get over this stupid cold.  And of course this time of year is always a bit heavier on my heart.  Despite it all I've tried my best to find the silver lining in everything.
 
 
 
I'm thankful for the awesome relationship I had with my mom.  I see so many people who don't talk to their families or who are at odds all the time.  Daughters who get along ok with their moms, but don't have much of a relationship past that.  I'm lucky to say that for 29 years she was my best friend.  While I wish with all my heart she could have stayed longer, I'd rather have had 29 years of greatness than a lifetime of just mediocre.
 
I'm thankful for my dad.  I know most days he's too hard on himself and feels like he lets us down in one way or another.  Taking on the role of both mom and dad is tough stuff and I don't think anyone else could have done it better.  Plus he's always there to help when I'm in a bind and for that I'll be forever thankful.
 
I'm thankful for my husband who took it upon himself to cook dinner Sunday night.  I may have teased him that I needed to take pictures to document this rare occasion, but I'm truly grateful to have a husband who will cook at all.  Even if it is only once every 4 years. 
 
I'm thankful for concealer, for without it, the giant bags under my eyes would be enough to scare small children.
 
I'm thankful for random 80 degree days and trips to the park.
 
I'm thankful for the free cookies at the grocery store.  Quick shopping trips with the toddler are much more bearable when his mouth is stuffed with chocolate chip goodness!
 
I'm thankful for my old school George Foreman grill that came through in the clutch when the outside grill ran out of propane.
 
I'm thankful for my boss who gave me flowers to perk up my new desk.  And my attitude.  I'd been a little snippy since they forced asked me to move.  31 year old tantrum say what?
 
And last but not least, I'm thankful for all of you.  Your kind words and prayers helped get me through the day yesterday.  The power of the blogging community will never cease to amaze me!
 
Happy Thursday Friends!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow will all your juicy confessions!
Photobucket

No comments: