Thursday, March 7, 2013

Project MILF: 30 Day Shred {Part 1}

I've made it no secret that in the last 14 months of doing WW I've done very little working out.
And by little, I mean practically none.
This fall I started walking for 20 minutes on my lunch break clocking in just over a mile, but once the cold set in I stopped.
Other than that, I've managed to lose basically 100 pounds solely by watching what I eat.
The last time I had anything that remotely resembled a regular workout routine was before I met my husband.  In a few weeks we will have been together for seven years.
So yep.  It's basically been seven years since I seriously worked out.
Why am I telling you all this?
Because I want you to know that if I can do this....anyone can.
 
Forever ago I received the infamous 30 Day Shred DVD.
It's sat in it's original packaging ever since.
Until last week when I decided it was time.
Time to start moving.
I was finally ready.
Just like when I started this whole weight loss journey, I knew that I couldn't force myself to do it.  I had to want it bad enough to be successful.
I've reached the point now where I know I don't have much weight left to lose but I'm still not happy with the way things look.  Saggy here.  Loose skin there.  It's kind of a hot mess.  At this point, the only way to change it, is to lose inches and tone things up the old fashioned way.
So for the past 10 days, I've let Jillian Michael's kick my butt.
And this is where I post pictures of myself....in a swimsuit....for all the interwebz to see.
Shit's about to get real.
{hold me}

 I'm pretty amazed at the changes that have happened in just this first week and a half.
It may not be drastic. 
Hell it may not even be noticeable to any of you.
But I can see it.
I can already tell a difference in my clothes.
And considering last week I actually gained 0.4 pounds, I know it's isn't from a big weight drop.
{Though dammit I'm gonna be pissed if I don't hit 100 lbs lost tonight!!}
 
The first few days were tough.
I did the modified version of everything.
And even then couldn't always make it through an entire set.
I'm only using 2 lb weights.
And was still dying.
My arms felt like jello and my legs hurt for days.
But I pushed through and each day got a little easier.
By about day 6 or 7 I noticed I was doing the more advanced moves and my endurance had definitely picked up.
My muscles didn't ache for days and dare I say, I actually enjoyed it.
And looked forward to it??
Who am I??
I'm finally done with level 1 and ready to kick some ass in level 2.
Where hopefully there will be no more bicycle crunches!!
See you all in 10 more days!

Photobucket

24 comments:

Unknown said...

You go mama! You look great!!

Lexi M. said...

Keep up the good work! You look great! Definitely encouraging to those of us who have a lot of weight to lose. :)

Katie said...

You can definitely tell a difference!! I'm so amazed with how much you lost without working out. I guess this is phase II in your journey. I did 30 day shred before my wedding and it rocks!

ae said...

You look great!!

Jo-Anne said...

I can TOTALLY see a difference! You look fantastic! I love that strong feeling you get after a few weeks of training with weights. Keep up the good work. You're doing so awesome!

Jess said...

You. look. Amazing!
I should shake the dust off my Shred video and put it use! With every cruch and punch I would curse that woman on the tv set!

Ashley said...

Get it girl! You look awesome!! I can definitely tell you've lost inches just in those 10 days, amazing!! And don't beat yourself up if you don't reach the 100 tonight. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. But it's also MUCH more compact than fat, so while a few lbs of muscle might be defeating on the scale, it will be worth it because it changes the way you look in such a positive way!

Kodi said...

Okay. I'm not the kind to blow smoke up someone's ass about this so please know I say this with 100% sincerity. A) Im sure you only see loose skin etc when you look in the mirror, but you look awesome. If I saw you in your bikini I'd be wishing I looked that good in mine. B) I totally see a difference in just ten days. I've seen people have great results after 30 days but I never realized how big of a change you could see in just 10 days! You're awesome & totally inspiring me to get my shred on! :)

Amy E. said...

Yay!! You look so good. I can definitely see toning going on. Great job girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm so PROUD of you! There is definitely a difference there! The 30-day shred kicked my butt in October and I wonder why I ever stopped. It is such a great workout. Level 2 is my favorite!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I'm sorry, I CAN'T HOLD IT IN.

HOLY SHIT WOMAN!!!!!!!

You have NO HIPS! Look at that stomach! I'm curvier than you are! You are soooo lucky! EEK! You are amazing. Tiny little arms and upper body (I'm the same)-and seriously, SERIOUSLY--you should be totally proud. You rock my face off.

Unknown said...

Good for you. I hate working out so i know i need to get back to it in order to reach my goals too.
YOU LOOK AMAZING! Still so proud of your hard work! HOT MAMA!!!

Val said...

You look great!

Samantha said...

Seriously, Emily, you look BAD-ASS! And I can totally see a difference. Seriously, you look WONDERFUL and I think about you all the time when I struggle with wanting to make a bad decision. My work is not done and I've got to keep going.

Again, you look phenomenal!

Not So Newlyweds said...

WAHOO! Girlfriend you are looking hot!!

Jamie said...

You look Ah-Mazing! Thanks for putting yourself out there and being such a fantastic inspiration to me with my WW journey. I doubt I'll be throwing on a bikini in 70 more lbs but I'll be rocking the tankini for sure :)

Holly said...

WOW!! You keep going, lady!!

Emily said...

I totally see the difference! You are doing amazing :]

dave and jenn said...

Look at you! So proud of you! I know you can do it.

Deann said...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I am so proud of you. Uou should be the WW spokesperson. I know of no one that has done better than you.

Deann said...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I am so proud of you. Uou should be the WW spokesperson. I know of no one that has done better than you.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Seriously, you are doing awesome! i have that dvd and it's hard! She is one tough lady!

Jess @ Wrangling Chaos said...

Holy crap woman. You look AMAZING.

Unknown said...

yeezy boost 350 v2
hermes belts
longchamp sale
longchamp
james harden shoes
nike air huarache
van cleef
yeezy boost 350
nike air max
hogan outlet
20170706