Thursday, March 28, 2013

Project MILF: 30 Day Shred {Part 3}


 
Well folks.
I did it.
I completed Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
And I lived to tell about it!
So many people told me how much they loved level 2
How it was their favorite level.
While in the thick of  it, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why.
All those plank moves.  And that third strength circuit just about killed me.
Well then I moved onto level 3.
{womp womp}
Kind of a let down.
There was much more focus on strength and a little less on cardio.  I was so used to practically dying and being sweaty and out of breath by the end that this last level didn't feel like as much of a workout.  I'm not sure if level 3 seemed so easy because I was stronger, or it really was just a step down.  I think it was a combination of both.  Either way, I finally understood the level 2 love!
Now for my confession.
I weigh pretty much the exact same thing. The first two weeks I stayed the same. The next week I had a big loss only to follow it up by gaining it all back the next week putting me right back where I'd started. To say I was pissed would be the understatement of the century.  For over a year I consistently lost weight doing nothing but changing my eating habits.  I finally start working out hoping to watch those last few pounds just fall off putting me at goal and instead I lose nothing for 30 days??  I busted my ass for weeks and the scale did nothing??  I was doubting the program and for the first time in 14 months wanted to quit and just be done.  I was feeling pretty defeated.
Not to mention all this intense working out flared up the bulging disc in my lower back.  {I know, I'm an old lady}
By Day 25 I couldn't do one more day without potentially injuring myself further.
So I took 2 days off to rest and recoop.  Both physically and mentally.  I needed a break.
Honestly?  I thought rest was an important part of working out and was always a little shocked they didn't build any off days into the program.  Then again, I'm no trainer, what do I know.  But I was smart enough to listen to my body and say enough.  Besides, 28 days out of 30 is nothing to be ashamed of!  And I'm pretty pleased with the results!  Further proof that just because the scale isn't moving, your body is still changing! 

 Not to shabby for 30 days if I do say so myself!
Am I "shredded?"  No.
Do I have a 6 pack or big guns?  No.
But the wasn't the point for me.
I wanted to get into a regular workout routine and start toning some of my trouble spots.
Mission definitely accomplished!
Now if only I could figure out to get rid of those dimples on my ass.
Damn cellulite.
So what's next?
I've definitely caught the workout bug!
Finally!  Only took 14 months!
I have THREE more Jillian DVDs on the way and I can't wait to try them out.
One is similar to the Shred, quick 20ish minute workouts perfect for days I work or am short on time.
The other two are longer and I'm looking forward to building up some endurance.
I'm not going to go all balls to the wall and workout so many consecutive days.  My body needs a little rest thrown in.  So does my sanity.
Andplusalso?  When the weather finally warms up I'm going to start the couch to 5K program.  I never pegged myself as a runner, but I at least want to give it a try. See what I think.
In the meantime, I'm going to pray mother nature gets with the program so maybe I can rock that swimsuit somewhere other than my bathroom!

TGI{almost}F
Photobucket

24 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I can't wait for you to do C25K and be a 5K'er :) I'm pretty sure I never want to be more than a 5k'er but that's cool with me. Super long distance isn't my thing but I feel good knowing I can bust out 3+ miles and not completely die. Proud of you for finishing this! I am on day...(gosh I should keep better track...) 7 I think.

I honestly don't hate it, I don't love it either. It's so quick! You look great!

Shannon said...

I did the 30 Day Shred before my wedding and it definitely helped me tone up. I think I may do it in April so that I can be ready for swimsuit weather. I can't seem to get rid of this damn post pregnancy belly pooch.

ae said...

Way to go! I started running with C25k and am now a regular runner.

greeneyedkelly said...

Do you feel that you gained muscle rather than not losing weight? I have found that I lose more when I don't exercise. It doesn't seem right and I want to scream. I am going to do the 30 day shred as soon as it gets here. I love the counch to 5K, but never made it past week 6 (total failure)

Jess said...

You need a smile on in that second picture girlfriend! You look AMAZING! Love that mismatched suit by the way... Cute!

Murdock's mama said...

Wow! You looked great before, but I can't believe the results from just 30 days. Way to stay with it. Thanks for posting photos so we could all see the before and after. Hard work really does pay off! :) Congrats!!

Gaby said...

so awesome! what amount of weight did you use for your weights?

Unknown said...

OH.MY.GOD. You look so incredible!!!!! I can't believe the difference in your body in just 30 days! After your last update, I hopped right on ebay and ordered my own copy of 30 day shred. The husband and I will be starting it on the 1st - whether he likes it or not. I bet your husband is doing a whoooole lot of drooling these days!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I did C25K after Vivienne was born. I've NEVER been a runner and I was so out of shape, but I was able to do it, so it should be no problem for you now! I'll be starting it again myself once the weather starts to cooperate.

Brittney said...

First and foremost I want to say you look absolutely amazing and you have done a phenomenol job on all of your progress!! I am one of those people who reads blogs and doesnt comment and I have been following you since before Jaime was born!! My sister used to Blog "offa luffe le" anyways I just wanted to let you know dont feel stressed or get upset about not seeing the weight you want to on the scale. When you start working out you will notice a few pounds fall off but what you really need to pay attention to is your progress pictures and how your clothes fit. Did you take measurements before you started? Because although it may be frustrating the scale is a liar hahah...muscle mass weights more than fat so inturn even though you stayed the same weight you lost fat and gained more muscle which is why you see such a change in pictures! which is awesome girl!! for future reference always measure and take a before picture so when you take your after picture and measure again you can fully track you progress instead of by the scale!! I am a beachbody coach and my girls always get so frustrated by the scale sometimes so dont let that hold you down keep pushing your doing awesome!!

Anonymous said...

never mind the scale! it looks like you lost inches which is the more important part! keep going; the workout bug is SO addictive :)

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP! ANOTHER REASON I HAVE DECIDED TO BREAK UP WITH THE SCALE! YOU ARE KILLING IT WOMAN! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Amanda Z said...

The results are definitely in the pictures! You look amazing and congrats to finishing. I keep quitting on Jillian after a week.

Good luck with C25K! That's what I started last summer and how I started losing weight. Maybe we can run some 5Ks together when you finish since we're both in KC!

Samantha said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. You look awesome!! Also, I cannot wait for you to start running. I have a hunch that you're going to LOVE it!

Nikki said...

You look great Ems. I'm totally impressed. When you rock that Couch to 5K we can run a race together!

Ashley Paige said...

Mama, you look incredible! This sounds silly but I'm so proud of you!! You've worked SO hard and it's evident! You are already a MILF! ;) Keep being this hot and you'd better watch out, baby number 2 will be here in no time! Get it, girl!!!

Emily said...

You look great!! So excited to hear others say they caught the work out bug :] Someone above already said it, but you were making changs if you weren't losing. Yay for gaining muscle!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Woop woop you look awesome!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

You can definitely see the difference! you look more toned. Excellent job! Try not to think of the change in terms of weight. You did lose weight but you also gained muscle so they kind of evened out. You look great.

Hilary said...

Do you follow SkinnyMeg? (www.skinnymeg.com) Girl is a workout diva & posts a ton of workouts to keep you from getting bored! If only I were motivated to actually start working out in the first place...

Lindsey said...

Wow! You looked great before, but even firmer and more toned after. Good work!!! I def think Level 2 is the hardest and I hate it! But I do love dripping with sweat afterwards! :)

Unknown said...

Came across your blog.. i did thirty day shred too!

i also do Herbalife & love what i have seen with it so far..

www.goherbalife.com/projectmilf

www.facebook.com/projectmilf

Jan said...

I saw your picture on Google Images while searching for before and after pics of the 30 day shred and I must say, you have inspired me! Today would only be my Day 3 but I have been SO anxious to see how my work out will turn out.

Jan Loves

Unknown said...



Pretty! This was a really wonderful post
https://decor-ksa.com/
http://mchaabaty.com/dawadmi/
http://mchaabaty.com/templates/
http://mchaabaty.com/riyadh/
http://mchaabaty.com/stone/