I feel like all the recipes I post are main dishes,
which is great and all, but I thought I mix it up with a little dessert.
Cause who doesn't LOVE dessert?
Best part about this one? It won't ruin your waistline.
So amazing that I made it one week to take to a friends house and the husband promptly requested that I make it again the following week.
Yep. It's just that good.
Is it better than sex? Well....I'll let you be the judge of that!
|Photo Courtesy of No Thanks to Cake.com|
Red Velvet Better Than Sex Cake
what you need
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 can diet coke
2 boxes Sugar Free Fat Free Cheesecake pudding
4 cups skim milk
1 tub cool whip (lite or fat free) thawed
what you do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish using cooking spray made for baking.
2. Combine red velvet cake mix and diet coke using a mixer.
3. Cook the cake per the box instructions, testing it with a cake tester upon removing it from the oven. Remove the cake to a wire cooking rack for a few minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the pudding and milk with a wire whisk. Mix until it begins to thicken, but do not allow it to completely set.
5. After removing the cake from the oven, find a wooden spoon to use to create holes in the cake.
6. Pour the pudding mixture over the cake and fill in all the holes. Place the cake in the refrigerator to cool completely and for the pudding to set. All it to cool at least 2 hours.
7. Shortly before you are ready to serve the cake, remove it from the fridge and add the cool whip on top of the pudding mixture.
8. Place the oreos in a back and crush the cookies. Sprinkle on top of the cake.
9. Cover and return to the fridge until you are ready to serve the cake.
Makes 18 servings
4 point plus per serving