Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So boys DON'T have cooties??

Remember the day you finally realized boys weren't so gross afterall?? I had a patient today on the eve of her 15th birthday tell me she was having a party this weekend....her first boy/girl party. Oh the days of my youth. I remember my first boy/girl party. Nicole Bush. The summer before 8th grade. You'd think the end of the world had come in our little catholic school communtity. Parents were up in arms. About what, I'm not sure. It was so lame. The boys might as well have not even been there. Girls on one side, boys on the other. When I asked her what they were going to do she just giggled. Maybe I wasn't cool enough to be invited to a party where giggling was warranted. There was no spin the bottle. No seven minutes in heaven or cheesy 90s music playing while people made out on the couch. Did this crap really happen outside of the movie world??

2 comments:

Emily said...

haha oh wow i so remember those days. girls on one side, boys on the other. like a stand off. oh how the times have changed now, huh? lol

Anonymous said...

lol. i don't think that stuff really happened...at least i was never part of it. the movies warp our brains.